This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You need to teach her better

First off let me tell you alittle background.
    Ive worked at my job for over a year. Ive personally trained most it not all my co-workers so im the one they all run to. I know how to do most everything and most policys. The only reason im not management is because i would have to work full time which i cant do with school.

A guy comes in while im on head set today and this lovely little incounter happens

Me- Evil in a good way
    AH- Asshat
    SK- my friend and shiftleader K!

Me- Welcome to JIB, how can i help you today.
    AH- I want a JR. bacon cb
    Me- Ok, anythign else
    AH- Make that a combo
    Me- Im sorry the Jr. bacon cb doesn't come in a combo
    AH- Make it a combo
    Me- Sir it doesn't come in a combo, is there anything else i can get for you
    AH- I want it a combo
    Me- sir it doesn't come into combo, is there anything else i could do for you
    AH- grubles somethign i cant really hear
    Me- Sir what was that
    AH- *drives forword*
    Me- ok....... *grabs another cars food*
    SK- Is that all, One Jr. Bacon cb?
    Me- I guess they drove up
    SK- ok *sends it for me*
    (side note Normally i would ask if they want fries and drink but they drove up before i could. Some people just want fries a drink and their sandwich, some people dont if it isnt going to save them money. Example- A number 8, medium, is 4.97, all the parts of the combo bought seprate is 5.27)
    time to cash out
    Me- Hello, That'll be x.xx
    AH- How much was that?
    Me- x.xx
    AH- What did I order?
    Me- one Jr. bacon cb
    AH- I wanted that a combo
    Me- sir i told you three times that sandwich doesnt come in a combo option
    AH- Well i *ALWAYS* order it like that. I want fries and a drink
    Me- *sighs* -under my breath- then why did you pull forword... -normal- SK can you take care of this order (code words for- K if you don't save them Im going to be decorating the drive-thru with some heads)
    SK- ok (knows the code because shes cool like that)
    I get the guys soda, so SK can do the rest of her job. She keeps tending to these customers so i dont have to chew them out. They get there food and leave. SK turns to me laugh and says this.
    SK- Wanna know what they said before they left? You need to teach her more!

I had to stop the laughing...
    HEY ASSHAT!!! I HAVE THE MOST EXPIERENCE IN THIS STORE!! if i didn't know what you wanted, no one else would.

I don't understand. Does a sandwich combo normally come with anything else besides a sandwich, drink and fries in your store?

I eat at JIB all the time and when I ordered a Burger combo, all I got was the burger, drink and fries. The only thing that makes it a combo is the price is 30ยข cheaper.
    Last edited by bigjimaz; 06-17-2007, 09:42 AM.
    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

*Clears throat*
      Well our combos come with your choice of fries, curly fries, side salad, onion rings, a fruit cup, potatoe wedges, big chips which are like potatoe wedges but without cheese and bacon on top, 3 jalapeno poppers, 1 egg roll, 3 cheese sticks, 7 chicken bites, 7 jalapeno poppers, 3 egg rolls, 6 cheese sticks, 16 chicken bites or a hashbrown (a recent addiction because we got people complaining their wheren't enough options on the lunch menu, cant wait for the BUT I WANT FRENCH TOAST WAHHHH! people come)
      Then
      A soda, orange juice, ice tea, milk, chocolate milk, coffee, or a shake which comes in chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, oreo, chocolate orea, mint, and blackberry.

but the Jr. bacon cheese burger is only on our value menu and isnt available as a combo.
      But we do have 14 lunch combos advertised, 6 breakfast and bout 9 others we just dont have room on the board for so i do hear "do you have a combo with tacos in it" alot... and yes we have the Two Monster Tacos value meal.

He is just apparently thinks that the person realise with out asking any questions that when he says combo he wants fries and a drink. No you say combo we have to hit a button then do some other things and then its a combo. And if i just rang him up for the basic componants of a combo he still would have bitched because then he would have gotten a small fry and a small drink,

The thing is, i asked him twice if he would like something else, giving him a chance to say or yell 'a medium fry and coke' and then he pulled away from the box expecting me to realise he wanted a medium fry and a coke, when all he said was combo which could mean i want a small fry and some kind of soda, or a large fry or a curly fry or something. or maybe he would be like most people who said you know what i just want the sandwich.

ive never ever ever seen one of our cashiers just ring up people for a drink and fries when they hear the word combo for something that doesnt come in a a combo. They say oh that item isnt available in a combo, would you like something else. The customer would say oh just give me the frys and drink or a combo instead or oh really ok ill just have the sandwich.

Its one of those oh but so and so does it for me all the time so you must do it for me too.

Comment

I would've just tossed in a medium soda and some plain fries and said "To hell with it". But that's just me.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglรณid

Comment

Your restaurant sounds awesome. I'd love a mint shake. I guess that guy lives in his own little world where the only words heard are his own and all other voices just make squeaky mouse sounds. "I'd like a combo" "squeak squeak squeak" This is why he's surprised when he doesn't get a combo.
          It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
          -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

I'm surprised you guys don't do a "fries and a drink for $x.xx more" thing.

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
              I guess that guy lives in his own little world where the only words heard are his own and all other voices just make squeaky mouse sounds. "I'd like a combo" "squeak squeak squeak" This is why he's surprised when he doesn't get a combo.
              I sometimes wonder if all SCs hear is your voice as the voice of the adults on Charlie Brown, and their voice. O_o
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                I sometimes wonder if all SCs hear is your voice as the voice of the adults on Charlie Brown, and their voice. O_o
                Whuwhaaa whuwhaawhaa wuwhaaa wuh whaaa whuaa.

(did I spell that right?)
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

The only thing SC's hear in their head is an echo.

The inside of an SC's head is basically a vast, colourless void of nothingness which within rests a single, dusty marble. Every now and then when they turn their head just right the wind blows through, the marble moves a little and for one glorious instant they have a clue. But then the marble stops.

Comment

Wow. It has either been a longer time than I thought since I've been to a JIB or the restaurant has changed quickly. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
                    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

its both bigj... its both

I so doubt this guy has been to a jib in the last year...
                      He was too dumb...

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                        I'm surprised you guys don't do a "fries and a drink for $x.xx more" thing.
                        For most JitBs that's how it works. However, if you're ordering a "value menu" item like the JBC, you're not going to get any discount for the other items that would make up a combo. If you want a combo, you need to order one of the higher-priced main items.

Mmmm... I gotta check to see if my local JitB has blackberry shakes. If not, mint is tasty, too.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                        X