This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC tries to provide options for his GIMME attempt

OK, some back story: To have our phone service you need to lease one of our modems. You can buy a modem that just does the internet, but the phone ones aren't for sale.

Guy calls in, he had just cable/net and upgraded to the cable/net/phone package we offer. He says the offer was quoted to him as bundle price + tax, but his bill has bundle price + tax + lease of modem (which is a whopping $3).

Now what I think happened is the guy purchased his own modem for the internet but as stated above, there is no option to do that for the phone. Sales Guy probably saw the internet on his account and assumed the guy was already paying the $3. It's uncommon enough for people to own their modems so it's not something that you would automatically notice.

So I apologize to the guy for any miscommunication, but the $3 is required. Before I could offer any solution, he pipes up with WELL I THINK YOU OUGHT TO WAIVE IT FOR THE NEXT YEAR!" Uhh, no. Not only can't I do that, there's no way in hell I would. So I offer the guy my original plan of waving the charges for this month (hey, it was our mistake after all) but instead the guy starts reading off legit charges I can take off to "make things even" like his activation fee (which we can't credit under any circumstances) or fees for Directory Assistance calls (you made them, you pay for them). Funny how first $36 ($3 times 12) was his demand, then $29.95, until finally his DA fees (which was like $2) would "make things even". I flat out told him he was getting the current month lease fee back and that's all. After some minor grumbling, he was ok with it.

That's why I hate spineless managers, this guy went from basically asking for $66 in undeserved credit before accepting the $3 actually warranted. Most managers I've worked for would have just thrown the $66 at him from the start just to send him away.
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

I forget who said it, but there was another post where the customer was buying a big bundle of services and just outright said "Can I get a discount on all that? I don't care if it's a dollar a month, I just want to be able to say I negotiated the price down." Some people just want to feel like they've 'won' a situation.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
      That's why I hate spineless managers, this guy went from basically asking for $66 in undeserved credit before accepting the $3 actually warranted. Most managers I've worked for would have just thrown the $66 at him from the start just to send him away.
      I don't get that.

Really.

Wouldn't throwing freebies at SCs to get them to go away be about as effective as throwing food at a bear?

"Yep. That old bear got a faceful of pancakes and syrup. That'll teach him not to pester us. We won't be seeing that bear 'round here any more. Yep."
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
        I don't get that.

Really.

Wouldn't throwing freebies at SCs to get them to go away be about as effective as throwing food at a bear?

"Yep. That old bear got a faceful of pancakes and syrup. That'll teach him not to pester us. We won't be seeing that bear 'round here any more. Yep."
        And, just like a bear, an SC will come back wanting more freebies
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
          I forget who said it, but there was another post where the customer was buying a big bundle of services and just outright said "Can I get a discount on all that? I don't care if it's a dollar a month, I just want to be able to say I negotiated the price down." Some people just want to feel like they've 'won' a situation.
          Yeah, but most people don't admit it!
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
          X