This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday's Revenge

Normally, I work 9-2 Mon-Sat. They needed me to do dishes today (Sunday), so i came in as the back-up from 12-3.

I come in early, and my dishing partner isn't there (flat tire), so I go ahead early and Manager J gives me (literally) a gold star (sticker).

Yesterday, I dyed most of the top layer of my hair fuschia, which fades into my natural dark brown.

All's well, say hi to the kids I normally don't work with.

Decide to go bus a table. Church folk (and you can spot them miles away) stop what they're doing to turn and look at me.

No big, this is a small town and people wonder.

Skip ahead an hour:

I walk behind the buffet to give out some clean dishes, a man grabbing his pizza stops to stare anf harrumph at me with one of those beady looks (in a cowboy hat). Another older woman (60+) wouldn't touch the plates I just set down, and grabbed a salad one instead.

Bussing a table, a little boy leans over to look at me and his mother pulls him away with this ghastly face.

Skip ahead to close:

Last people to walk out just go O_0 at me when I tell have a nice day.

How is this revenge?

We all know how bad Sunday can be for resteraunt workers. If not by experience, then by fellow tales here.

In this tiny town, I will become infamous, and my fuschia-purple hair will frighten the onlookers who dare approach my buffet table. I will rule them purple cloaks and matching boots.

There will be opposition in the form of complaints to management, maybe, but the mere glimpse of color has thrown forth a wave over the bosses.

Why?

They love my head.

my hair is currently bright vivid almost-fire-engine red. Most of the customers have no problem with it, and as it's neat and tied back neither does my manager.

However, we have the odd person who comes in and STARES. It's not even that unusual a dye job to have, in my opinion. But people still STARE at the bright red bits that fall around my face from my ponytail when I'm running around, grab it, touch it- refuse to be served by me becasue of it.
    I'm like- what- bright red hair makes me a baby eater now? Actually, while we're on the subject, I prefer them stirfried.

Anyway, some people are so bemused by anyone not wanting to look exactly the same as them, they assume that person must be evil, on drugs, and a satanist murderer. It seems to happen less in the uk, but it still happens.

Pity them. They probably secretly wish they could, deep within their withered, starved souls.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Yeah.. maybe I'll be nice and not suck their life force out next time they come in =3

Comment

im big on dying my hair, i just never told my boss before i did. once i had it pink, bright pink. All my customers loved it. most where sad when it faded.

then i had purple, but it faded to soon, and when my boss finally saw it it was a weird purply fadey browny black silvery color that my boss hater, but still my customers loved it.

But the other day my hate fell off when i grabbed a rag to clean some trays and one of my regulars saw my hair ( i stoped wearing visors because i let my hair grow out instead of constantly getting it cut short so i now have a cap so i can cut it only every few months instead of weeks so i need one soon) showed. She said "wow its brown... is that natural?" i laughed and said yeah. she said "you know it was soo cute when it was pink" and maybe you should get some pink tips.

I love my customers some days.

Comment

A girl I used to work with has blonde hair with the under-layers dyed bright pink. It's really cute and you can't see most of the pink unless she puts it up.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'll never quite understand how the color of someone's hair eliminates who they are as a person......IT"S HAIR COLOR PEOPLE ....NOT SATAN DOING A LAP DANCE!!!!!

Comment

I don't get how hair defines a person. I keep my hair very very short cos it's cheap and low maintenance. Apparently by doing this I'm a skinhead, or a racist? I fail to see a connection between hair length/colour and personal beliefs.

Maybe it's because I'm rational?
              "I'm trying to manufacture sincerity." - Simon (Teachers)
              "Ok, you have to stop the Q-tip when there's resistance!" - Chandler (Friends)

Comment

Personally, I have no problem at all with any color my daughter chooses to dye her hair. It grows out, what's the big deal? As a matter of fact, I am usually the one dying her hair for her. A few months ago we dyed the top of her hair black and bleached the underparts white. She was then going to dye the white part pink, but liked the B/W combo and kept it that way.

When she pulled her hair up on top of her head to play lacrosse, she looked like a skunk. But at least it made her easy to notice on the field.

Comment

Quoth georgiab View Post
                  I'll never quite understand how the color of someone's hair eliminates who they are as a person......IT"S HAIR COLOR PEOPLE ....NOT SATAN DOING A LAP DANCE!!!!!
                  Quoted for truth.
                  For the most part, I don't care about what everyone else is doing, or what is popular.
                  -Namie Amuro (Japanese singer)

Comment

My store has no policy about hair color...whenever someone new asks, worrying about their bleached highlights or something, we always grin and say "Don't worry, wait until you see D." D has the top of her hair dyed shocking pink, the mid-layers bleached, and the underlayer her natural mousy brown. (At least, I assume that's the natural color...) Most people think it's cute...the ones who think it's evil still have to deal with her because she's the store music/movies/books expert. No one in the store knows more about what we have in stock in that department or will get in soon than she does.
                    It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

I went to high school with 2 guys who were siblings that did their hair in the most interesting styles. One day the oldest sibling's hair would be purple and blue with it sticking up while the youngest would dye it blond and make his hair look like it hadn't been done in days. I also know a guy who has his hair in dreads (he's white so it looks odd on him) and they go down to his butt. Part of his hair is wrapped in a turban style. In cross-country I had a team mate who did his hair in dreads that looked to be 2-3 inches thick. Actually had his senior picture taken with that style too.
                      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I went to high school with a girl that had a green mohawk at least a foot tall when spiked. She was one of the best FFA students ever. Just goes to show - the hair doesn't make the person!
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

This thread just reminded me of my training at my first theatre. There was a group of us, and the manager asked at the end of orientation if there were any questions.
                          One guy asked "I'm planning on dying my hair blue. Is that going to be a problem?"

Manager responds "No, we don't descriminate based on that. Um... On anything."

We had to all laugh at that.
                          Last edited by Broomjockey; 06-18-2007, 07:55 AM. Reason: changed quote
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Welllll.... I only sort of agree with this thread. While neither hair color nor clothes make the person, the way we decorate ourselves is a reflection of how WE see ourselves. To this generation, funky hair colors generally mean that someone is confident and a non-conformist. To the older generation, it means "I hate your society, your culture, your laws and your traditions, and I'm going to do everything in my power to distinguish myself from you." I may be going overboard with that, but consider the time these people grew up in.
                            What a wonderful thing humanity is-- passionate, intelligent, inquisitive, generous, fully of hope and joy, noble of spirit, and above all... delicious! -- LaCroix

Comment

I want to get some pink, red or blue tips, but I don't know if my bf would like it. I don't like his hair short(er than it already is) so, if I can complain so can he.
                              Check out my cosplay social group!
                              http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Working...
                              X