This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news for a change

So, since I have posted on here in the past about the money problems I was having, I thought I would share the good news. I'm going to be opening a business! This incredible opportunity just came my way out of the blue, and I feel as though God is blessing me. One of my group leaders from church introduced me to a friend of hers she thought would make a good mentor for me. Turns out this guy loves to cook, and his wife just lost her 4 year battle with cancer a few months ago. Now he is needing an income again, and he is wanting to follow up on an idea he had years ago but never had the time to do while caring for his wife. A large business uses our church parking lot for overflow and runs a shuttle. His idea was to open a breakfast stand using the church kitchen and sell coffee, breakfast burritos, muffin and egg sandwiches, that sort of thing, when they get here in the morning and are waiting for the shuttle. He made me his partner, and it's been almost all set up! The church is on board with the idea, we are going to offer cold lunch boxes as well for the employees to buy and take with them, plus the church is used for AA meetings during lunchtime on weekdays, so we figured we could sell food to those people as well. Eventually, we hope to get some other customers and maybe do catering as well. I doubt it will bring much extra, but we'll put a sign out front of the church as well. This could expand, and even if it doesn't, I think we should make enough to do well, split two ways. Finally, an income, doing something I think I'm really going to like, and to top it all off, I'm practically my own boss! I know there will be unforeseen problems, there always is. But I'm still very excited!

That's awesome news, Barracuda!

And I think it's a great idea - a lot of people don't have time for (or don't bother with) breakfast before leaving the house. And you'll have it all there ready and waiting for them.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Congratulations, sounds wonderful.

Comment

Working...
      X