X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie suffering in a call center...

Hey all!

I just 'celebrated' my 2nd year of work doing tech support for a major satellite tv provider. I've had the worst customers the last couple of days and am so glad I found this site - I needed the laugh and to know I'm not the only one who fantasizes about throttling the cretins on the other end of the phone/counter/bar etc. Looking forward to reading more and sharing some of my own horror stories.

Welcome aboard! The more you post, the more release you get

Rapscallion

Comment

Must have been something in the water or air... I've had more sucky customers then normal myself. Welcome. I have cookies.
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I feel your pain. I served some time in tech support call center hell too. Welcome to CS!
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

I deal with some strange customers at my hardware store. Sometimes I wonder how they figured out how to open their car door and arrive at the store alive.

Comment

Have you ever noticed that people are even nastier behind a telephone or a computer screen?
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Welcome and share your pain!

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                  Welcome aboard! The more you post, the more release you get
                  THAT explains all the...nope...not gonna finish that.

Quoth Kristev View Post
                  Have you ever noticed that people are even nastier behind a telephone or a computer screen?
                  No! Shut up!

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                    YES!

I used to say that none of these people would ever have the guts to act this way face to face with one of us, but after having spent a few days on this forum I see I was wrong. Not all of them would though, they love to be faceless bullies but call them on it to their face and it's all stammer stammer I never said that.

And it's funny the different types of SC's you get depending on the call center, too. When I worked for Amtrak we got tons of *ahem* lonely men. It was so frequent that we had 'regular' perverts... (example: "I got the 'QVC salesman' again! He wants to know what kind of stockings I prefer to wear..." He called almost every night.) We also got a lot of train buffs, also known as foamers (the ones that are so obsessive they foam at the mouth over every little detail).

I've noticed the pervs are cut way back in my current job - I guess heavy breathing and dirty talk loses its appeal when we know who they are. But there's a whole hell of a lot more entitlement (I pay $$ for your service, therefore you are required to kiss my ass after crawling on your hands and knees through broken glass to bring my new satellite equipment directly to my door!) I kinda miss the QVC salesman now. o.O
                    Last edited by mysticgirl5; 09-13-2012, 03:21 PM. Reason: typos!

Comment

Working...
                    X