This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the microwave?

So, the hotel I work audit at recently turned one of our suites into our new breakfast room. We installed a door that leads to the back hallway of the front desk area. Our owner forgot to put the microwave in the room - and this is where the fun begins.

I am in the breakfast room stocking items and return to our back hallway in time to see one of our guests coming back from our back hotel laundry room. I ask him why he is wandering around in this area and he tells me he is looking for a microwave (really, when did it enter into your pea brain that it would be ok to just wander around in hotel employee areas only?)

He gets mad at me for telling him he can't be back there and all he had to do was ask and we would have put the microwave in the room.

Wait, he was looking for the microwave in the laundry room? WTF?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      Wait, he was looking for the microwave in the laundry room? WTF?
      You mean the dryer doesn't double as a microwave? I've been doing it wrong.

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
        You mean the dryer doesn't double as a microwave? I've been doing it wrong.
        To hear my Mom tell it, ours doubles as the dishwasher . . .seeing as how one day she said something about loading the dishes into the dryer.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          ... loading the dishes into the dryer.
          They said they were unbreakable!
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

When I was still on speaking terms with the ex (nice guy at first, but got progressively weirder), he called me one night claiming that some girl put all his dishes in the washing machine and turned it on (why didn't you stop her?).

That sounds like something he would do as an experiment in 'efficiency' "Hey, I already have something to wash things, why do I need to do it myself?" This is the guy who spread garlic powder (hey, cheaper than real ant killer/repellent) on his entire lawn to kill fire ants...for some reason that drove them into the house instead.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              Well, we have Corningware, so what else is expected?

There again, it was said that the Titanic was unsinkable . . .and we all know how that turned out.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                I remember (years back in Mad magazine), "Junior loves the unbreakable toy you gave him - he's using it to break all his other toys".

Show me something unbreakable and I'll show you a kid who hasn't figured out how to use the H-bomb detonator function of the Death21 his parents got him after he saw it on Uncle Nutsy's show. (also Mad magazine).
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                X