Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe we need a "Darwin's Law" on the law books. It would state that any person removing signage or equipment blocking off an object or area is not entitled to aid for any issues that stem from the use of said marked equipment or areas.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth VenomX View Post
      We have a Coke machine outside of our store.
      The old one finally broke for good so they sent us a "new" one.

Well the first night someone used a key and stole al the money out of it.
      We called Coke and they came out and added a bar and padlock too.

The other day someone cut the padlock and used a key to open the machine. They took the bill holder, the coin return holder that holds coins to give change, and the box with the change people put in the machine. They either broke all the cans in the machine or when they hid the lock and relocked the machine part way the cans got too cold and busted.

So now my boss is pissed. He told Coke that unless they pay him for what was lost or give us a machine with a different locking system then we are not ordering more cans.
      had an Out of Order sign taped right over the bill and coin slots. And we unplugged it. Some dumbass took the sign down and plugged it in. Not sure if they got a busted can or what, they never came in and complained.

Now that outlet is shut off at the breaker box. No sign, they keep taking it off.
      They stand there and try putting coins in and get the coins right back, then come in and tell us it doesn't work. I just tell them the machine is dark, it's not flashing the price and temp of the soda, what makes you think it would work? Put up a sign? Why so you can pull it off and try anyways? Uh no.
      I am very much willing to bet that the person that was pulling off the sign is the very same person that has a key to the machine, so that people would put money in, come in and complain to you, meanwhile they can go at their leisure and empty the coins out that the public have put in the machine.
      Violets are blue,
      Roses are red,
      I bequeath to thee...
      A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth skeptic53 View Post
        The most fictional science fiction I ever encountered was the first "Star Trek" movie. The final plot twist (spoiler alert!) was that the nemesis calling itself "Vee-jer" turned out to be the Voyager space craft, whose computer had been working and updating itself for thousands of years. The idea of a computer functioning for that long gave me a good laugh...
        Well, in the movie's defense, Vee Jer wasn't actually functioning all that well . . .

Quoth Geek King View Post
        Maybe we need a "Darwin's Law" on the law books. It would state that any person removing signage or equipment blocking off an object or area is not entitled to aid for any issues that stem from the use of said marked equipment or areas.
        There is a Darwin's Law. The sentence is death, there is no appeal.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
        X