This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white flag waving brightly

Lately, the security guard's uniforms have changed. NOw they read POLICE on the back. Even tho they're not really the police. Weirdo customer comes up.

WC: Hey why is there police here??? What's going on???

Me: That's not police, he's the security guard.

WC: *not listening* Why won't you tell me??? We have the right to know if there's a problem!

Me: *gives up* Ok, yeah he is the police

WC: *turns pale*

Me: He here's to arrest guests that don't follow the rules!

WC: *Flees*

I bet the maids will find doings of illegal things in his room.

I get a phone call from a lady says she's checking in later today and wants to store her bags with us. Ok sure. She hangs up in a hurry and another customer comes up to the desk. She's nice but clearly has a problem with her listening skills.

"Deaf" customer: excuse me I would like to know the rate for my room?

Me: [Rate]

D: Ok well what is the AAA rate?

Me: *checks* AAA rate is not available for your room

D: Ok well, it is not available for my room, I can see that, but I just want to know if it would be cheaper?

Me: I'm sorry, but the computer is not letting me see if it is because it's not available for your room type.

D: Ok, I know it's not, but I just want to know?

Me: *gives up* Ok, now it's letting me see and it's much higher. Much higher.

D: Ok how much higher?

D keep blabbling on and on up the AAA rate and wouldn't let me go and then the first customer that was on the phone earlier comes barreling in.

D: BLAH BLAH BLAH YADDA Triple A rate blah blah blah Room blah blah blah my room...

Phone Customer: *butting in* EXCUSE ME, I NEED TO STORE MY BAGS?????

Me: Ok but first I'm with this customer...

D: *glaring at PC*

PC: *shrill* BUT I'M IN A HURRY I HAVE MY TAXI WAITING JUST PUT THESE IN THE BACK MMMKAY? MY NAME IS [Name].

Me: *gives up* Ok just leave them there

PC does so and D keeps blathering at me until finally she leaves. Did I mention this was 6:30 in the morn and I've been working for 7 hours already? Why do these weirdos bother me. And What was up with that Phone CUstomer, butting in line like that. I don't care if your hair is on fire, get in line!

Then again sometimes it's easier to give in...
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Errr... I'm pretty sure it's not legal for your rent-a-cops' uniforms to say "Police" if they aren't. The security company could get in big trouble for that.

Both AAA-lady and baggage-lady sound like crazies...

Comment

Me: I'm sorry, but the computer is not letting me see if it is because it's not available for your room type.

D: Ok, I know it's not, but I just want to know?
      Oh god, I've gotten this at work. "How much is the private party rate?"

"You're a business, this is a commercial ad, the private party rate doesn't apply."

"I know, but if it did, how much would it be?"

It's irrelevant, you asshole! Don't think I don't know what you're doing. You're going to call back and try to get the rate you're not eligible for. I hate people who do that.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
        Errr... I'm pretty sure it's not legal for your rent-a-cops' uniforms to say "Police" if they aren't. The security company could get in big trouble for that.

Both AAA-lady and baggage-lady sound like crazies...
        I think it's ok to wear a shirt with Police on it on private property with the permission of the owner, and hotels are privately owned. You can't wear them in public and act like one and if someone comes up and asks u if u r one u can't say yes. I think.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Oh god, I've gotten this at work. "How much is the private party rate?"

"You're a business, this is a commercial ad, the private party rate doesn't apply."

"I know, but if it did, how much would it be?"

It's irrelevant, you asshole! Don't think I don't know what you're doing. You're going to call back and try to get the rate you're not eligible for. I hate people who do that.
        IKR?!?!?! Why ask if you are not going to get it. I was trying to think of a up made up rate just to humor her. But tired brain was tired. Sometimes it's easier just to humor these Thick Skulls.
        Can't reason with the unreasonable.
        The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Working...
        X