X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take. The Damn. Seat.

Today's shift's hiccups.

Couple of Two.
    This seat please . What's that? You want the next seat down? No, I insist you take the seat I was asked to take you to. Oh, so you move past me even though your understanding husband is being the reasonable voice instead of a pretentious snob. Why did you want to move? It's too noisy is it? IT'S FUCKING ONE O CLOCK ON A RAINY DAY. THERE'S ONLY ONE GUY EATING IN THE BOOTH AHEAD OF YOU AND THERE'S NO ONE IN THE BOOTH BEHIND YOU. YOU CAN HEAR A FUCKING ANT DIE ON A DAY LIKE THIS

Family of Five
    This table please . What's that? You want to move? To a booth? I'm sorry, we can only fit four people in a booth, and I'd hate for all the food you order to take up what precious little room you have left. Oh, you would like the large table with the lazy susan that is supposed to be for 6 to 8 people? No, I insist you take this seat I was asked to take you to. Look lady, how about you listen to your daughter who is thinking rationally and not acting like a high class assface? Excuse me. (Co-worker comes up). Actually my manager says you can have the large table, even though it'll be a total waste and bitch to clean just for five people. Have a nice day, and fuck you too.

Bonus (same people):
    Hello, what drinks can I get you today? A drinks list? Yes here you go. I'm sorry if our normal drinks are included in our drinks list which is also called the wine list, but you'll have to figure that out yourselves. Lime juice? I'm sorry, we don't have that and it sounds awfully unpleasant to drink. Let me repeat that VERY simple question, WHAT. WOULD. YOU. LIKE. TO. DRINK? Water without ice? Suuuurrre (insert extremely dry and sarcastic tone here).

La La La

Here you go. What's that? It's a bit cold? Sure, let me change it to room temp water.

La La La

Here you go. What's that? It's still a bit cold? Oh, you wanted it to be half warm water and half BOILING water? WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO BITCH!?

That... water one makes no sense. Wait, maybe they wanted to make tea? /hopeful for sense to be made

I've occasionally asked for a different table (I'm a big guy, and people keep trying to force me and 3-4 others into a table for just 4-5, having room for just one more person makes it loads easier to fit me and my other large friends), but if told, "sorry, this is it," well, okay, this is it then. XD

Thankfully there were sane people there too huh (Husband/Daughter).
    Last edited by Tee; 07-24-2015, 12:24 AM. Reason: spelling, as always.
    I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
    In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

You have my sympathy on the seating issue. The fact seats are assigned on the train does not stop people from arguing about it. We have some discretion in moving people but if the car is full, they're out of luck.
      Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Perhaps it's a social anxiety thing. A lot of people, myself included, with anxiety get super uncomfortable eating around others. I have very severe anxiety but I also don't let it define me. I tend to suck it up a lot of the time. It's very hard but I also have a life to live, and I'm not going to run my life around my anxiety. I get that people aren't the same as me, but it's one thing being anxious, another thing entirely being rude because you're anxious and don't like eating around others.

And then there's the other thing, that maybe the people who moan about tables and wanting to move, are just rude and entitled...

Comment

I order water without ice. I have sensitive teeth, and ice cold water can make them hurt. But half warm, half boiling? The heck?

Comment

Quoth wheeitsmee View Post
            I order water without ice. I have sensitive teeth, and ice cold water can make them hurt. But half warm, half boiling? The heck?
            Yeah, that makes no sense. My wife's reasoning for no ice (once got glass instead of ice)... That makes sense.
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Hubs will ask for a particular booth once in a while. Having people walk behind him while he eats makes him paranoid, for some odd reason, so he prefers to be against a wall.
              The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

if I'm out w/my Mom, we have to have a table . . . it's easier to move a chair out of the way so Mom can pull up to the table in her power chair instead of having to try to shift herself into a booth or pull up to the edge of one.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                X