This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will not sit here and be blamed.

And I didn't. If you're under contract and it's not an early cancellation we will end the contract in our system within 30 days of end date. It's earlier than that in this case. We also will not take the equipment back until Mon that contract is closed, period. It's just how it is. Also, I have no way to close accounts nor to make return orders. I only get the calls because the people who do all that would never get anything done is they answered a phone.

I explain to this woman that she will not be able to return it to us until the contract is closed. She argues with me that she paid the last payment (which is ahead of the billing period) so yes it is closed, on her part. I tell her it's status is open on my system, as I have the screen in front of me. She goes on and on, asking where to send it. I tell her we have multiple warehouses so even if it could be returned now, I don't know where. There was a bunch of other stuff, but when she told me I was doing a good job "passing the buck," that was it. I don't. In fact, I'm often doing others' jobs for them. She wanted me to tell her I was making the return happen NOW and I told her absolutely not; my saying that would not be the truth. I don't tell people what they want to hear. I also said, in response to being accused of not doing anything and passing the buck, that she was "asking me to do something I don't have access to and cannot do and if you want to malign my character for that, fine." She changed her tune then because I called her out. Now it was "You're doing your job and it's not your fault."
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Ohgod I hate people like that! Somehow you are supposed to do a thing that you don't have the training, authority or software to do. Yeah, right.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      she was "asking me to do something I don't have access to and cannot do and if you want to malign my character for that, fine."
      Can I just say, that is the most fantastic answer ever! Well said!
      Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
      What's the difference?
      We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
      X