This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that the cheapest?

Woman arrives at the hotel at 245am and inquires about a room with two beds. Now these rooms are selling for 99 and I quote her 89. She tells me she was looking on line and found a rate of 70. I let her know she would have to book it online then - and I tell her that since it is after midnight the 3rd party sites will book her a room for the next day. (and really - the 70 was probably a quote for Sunday anyway)

We go round and round - she keeps asking if that is the cheapest. I relent a little and change the rate to 79 (my lowest) and she keeps up with asking if I can do any better.

She asks if I can go cheaper since it is so late and I counter that she chose to arrive this late. Finally, she agrees.

Your mistake was yielding to her persistence. She bullied you into an extra discount when you already had given her one.

Comment

"Certainly there's a cheaper option ... your car."
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

The way to beat hagglers like that is to raise your price. "$109." "You said $89!" "Now it's $119."

Comment

Up the price with every go 'round past the second. When they twig that this stupidity is going to cost them, they'll be happy to go back to the original price.

Comment

"Is that the cheapest?"

No, dear lady, The cheapest would be YOU
            My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X