• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking Vs. Demanding

Okay let me clarify the difference between asking and demanding:
    "Do you have any more cashiers to call up here?"- is ASKING
    "YOU NEED TO CALL MORE CASHIERS BECAUSE LINES ARE FORMING"- is Demanding

So this lady comes up and demands more cashiers. Because she probably needs to be home in time to pop open a can of Natural Ice and watch another rousing episode of blue collar comedy, while trying to keep the children from playing the hog pen, and making sure her husband doesn't injure himself working on the car engine he is dismantleing in the front yard.

So I have been rushed all day, and I'm very stressed and hungry. So I decide to throw some attitude right back at her. I said "Ma'am we have what we have." Which is true because we had two call ins and tony, manager who schedules, makes the schedule where it's convienent for him, so he doesn't have to do anything. So she huffs off and I check to see if Bill, the night manager, can cashier.

So Ms. White Trash shuffles off and bitches to every customer, and every employee she encounters. Perhaps if she quit her bitching she could have moved forward in line. She tells one lady that her husband 'has gone off in here before.' Woo...what happened? Did we run out of Keystone? Or was he upset that we don't carry camoflauge vests. Maybe you should shop at wal mart. Should I be scared that he'll come in and 'go off' on me. Because I'll make sure he hits me so I can get a fucking battery charge on him. I can't help that when he gets pissed off he goes home and beats her.

So then she encounters Bill, our manager, and tells him that I got snotty after she 'asked' more cashiers. And she said it loud enough for me to hear. Oh...boo freaking hoo....Sorry Queen of the Trailer park there is a difference between asking and demanding. So she bitches to the cashier, and says that I was being a 'dick'. See how the vocab changes with each person she encounters.

Well she got out of the store. I was laughing about the whole thing. I only need this job for the extra money. If I got fired I could just sit on my ass and collect unemployment. I hope Goddess of Nascar starts shopping at WalMart...maybe her husband can 'go off' on employees there.

I just felt like sharing that story of awesomeness with you.
    --AmericanZero8503--
    Telling Stories from the Front Line a.k.a Customer Service at a Grocery Store

Well, where do people get the idea that they can just demand for more cashiers? They're not management, they don't even have authority . . . This is a case where the customer is always wrong and she needs to get off her high horse and get over herself.
    This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Turn it around:

Cashier to troublesome customer: "You need to reduce the number of customers in here because lines are forming".

Yeah, equally stupid.

Comment

I don't understand customers who demand more cashiers when they are in there. Do they think that management can just wave a magic wand & have cashiers magically appear?
        "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
        ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth AmericanZero8503
          watch another rousing episode of blue collar comedy
          Hey now! I like Blue Collar Comedy, and I'm a well-behaved customer. Liking BCC does not automatically mean SC, you know.
          Last edited by Seanette; 07-15-2006, 11:55 PM. Reason: replacing smilie that went missing somehow
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette
            Hey now! I like Blue Collar Comedy, and I'm a well-behaved customer. Liking BCC does not automatically mean SC, you know.
            I was trying to describe the Mullet Goddess that was before me. I'm not saying that everyone who watches BCC hails from the trailer court. I was just trying to be a descriptive writer, I was using my words to paint an image. LOL.
            --AmericanZero8503--
            Telling Stories from the Front Line a.k.a Customer Service at a Grocery Store

Comment

Quoth AmericanZero8503
              I was trying to describe the Mullet Goddess that was before me. I'm not saying that everyone who watches BCC hails from the trailer court. I was just trying to be a descriptive writer, I was using my words to paint an image. LOL.
              OK, then. Thought you were sneering at BCC fans in general
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Tito
                I don't understand customers who demand more cashiers when they are in there. Do they think that management can just wave a magic wand & have cashiers magically appear?
                Sadly, they do. I've had that demanded of me before. Of course, I'm a cashier so why they're bugging me I don't know. I don't make the flipping schedules.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth AmericanZero8503
                  Should I be scared that he'll come in and 'go off' on me. Because I'll make sure he hits me so I can get a fucking battery charge on him.
                  Dunno if it would be worth it.

About the best you could expect to get would be a dilapidated trailer on a rented pad, and dismantled Yugo.

Or, UGH! His greatest item of "value", "....you ain't gettin' my trailer or car, but you can have my wife."
                  Meow.........

Comment

dismantled yugo...*snerk*

yee-haw! they sound a great deal like some of the yahoos that live where i grew up (am i EVER so glad to be out of there? hell YES!). demanding, abusive, stingy and basically useless people. the redneck is alive and flourishing, to the point of being EVERYWHERE (they're here, too, in so cal! ).

i wouldn't have had much sympathy for her, either; want respect? try something different, say, like, EARNING IT!
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Sounds like the type of customers I used to deal with........I hated dealing with trailer park kings/queens........but before I start generalizing and becoming extremely rude, we'll just sum it up that they were extremely white trashy people with no class and no matters whatsoever.

Dealing with extremely uneducated, ignorant, and disgusting people was too difficult for me. You have to have more patience than the average person to deal with someone who has no idea what manners, class, and proper behavior examples are.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                      X