• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Churchill and Lady Astor for the quote.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_A...countess_Astor

Enjoy!

Rapscallion

Comment

I have to ask this question: How did she actually get on this base in the first place? Usually, whenever I've visited a naval station or any kind of airbase, I've always been asked for ID and my reason for being there. The only exception made was when they have air shows or balloon shows. Did this heffer manage to bully her way on to the base and then attempt to bully her way into this store?

It just seems odd she was actually able to make it this far.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
        I have to ask this question: How did she actually get on this base in the first place? Usually, whenever I've visited a naval station or any kind of airbase, I've always been asked for ID and my reason for being there. The only exception made was when they have air shows or balloon shows. Did this heffer manage to bully her way on to the base and then attempt to bully her way into this store?

She lived on fort. The officer's quarters were especially nice there.
        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
          She lived on fort. The officer's quarters were especially nice there.
          Well, I figured since she showed no ID, she could have been anyone that appeared from anywhere, including outside of the base. After all, how could you establish she lives on the base if she didn't prove who she said she was?

Comment

But they did have a pecking order among themselves that worked off hubbie's rank.
            ... yeah but... it's not official of course.

in fact i know about one case were they'd gotten so bad about it, one of the high ranking officers came to a spouse-meeting and asked them all to line up according to rank. when they were lined up he simply said, "You have no rank," and left. ... and from what i was told, it did diffuse some of the cattiness they'd been going through.

tho i'm betting the bitch from the OP never got her "revenge"

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post

In this case, it looks like they were in housing, but you can get stickers for your car that allow you through the gate without a check for ID. The guards usually just wave you through.. If they lived off base, that would've been how she got on.

CH
              Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

Working...
              X