Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way I look at it, creation and evolution are just two opposite sides of the same coin. Some believe that the earth and the heavens and all the creatures dwelling therein were created by God. Others believe that life was a random accident of cosmological forces and chemistry, and it evolved from there. I say I'm willing to accept both because speculation is more fun than blind ignorance. I wasn't there, I don't know, but I can make as intelligent of a guess as anyone else.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

*MOD EDIT - Removed excessive quote. Please edit quotes and do not quote entire posts.

I don't see any suckage.

Quoth Lyse View Post
      Other than causing hate and discontent.
      Nor do I see any Hate being spread. generalization ftl?

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
      What does suck, though, is that I know of an incident with another guide's group in which some guy accused her of being an athiest because she worked there.
      Some stupidty, but no suckage, or hate.

And the gay actor playing adam? That is just hilarious.
      Last edited by Ree; 12-14-2008, 10:11 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting
      I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
      In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Quoth Tee View Post
        I don't see any suckage.

Nor do I see any Hate being spread. generalization ftl?

Some stupidty, but no suckage, or hate.
        First, please try to read the title of the thread.

Second, try reading this. We have a report button for a reason.

Rapscallion

Comment

Because I have a feeling this thread is gonna zoom right to Fratching if I open my mouth...

http://www.freeratio.org/vbb/forumdi...sprune=-1&f=66

I've been a longtime member of that forum (formerly IIDB, they just changed hosts recently) which allows very free discussions on various topics involving religion or lack thereof. In particular, that sub-forum is entirely focused on evolution vs creationism.

Enjoy. Bring your asbestos suits, however.

Comment

I wasn't there, I don't know, but I can make as intelligent of a guess as anyone else.
            I was there and I can tell you what really happened, it was a completely random accident, Buddah and Allah bet God he couldn't do a keg stand for 30 seconds, God tried to prove them wrong and knocked over the keg, he broke the tap off and the big bang was all the beer spraying out.

The creation of the universe was a party foul.
            If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

I say I'm willing to accept both because speculation is more fun than blind ignorance. I wasn't there, I don't know, but I can make as intelligent of a guess as anyone else.
              Well said. Creationism/Intelligent Design also fills the holes in Evolution. Full devotion to evolution requires as much faith as creation.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
              ~Clerks

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                It would be even better if he wears his 'Viva la Evolution" t-shirt with the chimp wearing a beret on it.
                I want one!!

Quoth Nyoibo View Post
                Buddah and Allah bet God he couldn't do a keg stand for 30 seconds, God tried to prove them wrong and knocked over the keg, he broke the tap off and the big bang was all the beer spraying out.

The creation of the universe was a party foul.
                Makes as much sense as anything else!
                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Just a friendly reminder to keep the thread to a discussion of how the situation was amusing and mildly sucky, and not turn this into a forum for discussing personal views of creationism vs. evolution, or the pros and cons of either.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                    First, please try to read the title of the thread.

Second, try reading this. We have a report button for a reason.

Rapscallion
                    Ah, I apologize.

As a mod had already posted here before me, I figured it wasn't report worthy.

Edit: That last line wasn't a dig, I know it sounds that way but it wasn't.
                    Last edited by Tee; 12-15-2008, 07:35 AM.
                    I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
                    In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

We get over six hundred posts a day on average. Some things get missed. No harm done.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                        It would be even better if he wears his 'Viva la Evolution" t-shirt with the chimp wearing a beret on it.
                        I must take the time to find a shirt like that.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Google-fu! for T-shirt goodness
                          SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                          SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth Nakajo View Post
                            So does this mean I can go to their church, sit in on Mass, and hear about evolution theories? I think it'd be more balanced to my beliefs!

I swear, people don't think before they talk, ever.
                            <--->

Could we throw some alternate religious studies in there as well.....oh and even do some general discussion groups for the atheists out there
                            Tamezin

Comment

If you go visit a Unitarian Universalist church, that may well be possible.
                              The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

That wouldn't be the (in)famous 'Chi' Guevara? I had to order one for my science teaching daughter (7th-9th grades) from http://www.spreadtags.com/design/viv...in…/2689310/. Now to get her to wear it to school...
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X