This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello there

I'm new to registering here, I've lurked a little over the years, and I had posted under a different name to the Customers Suck livejournal community years ago.

I guess a way to introduce myself would be to say what my experience is with dealing with Sucky Customers:

My first job was working for a prosecuting attorney. It was a short summer internship, but I saw a few sucky customers who thought that basically the prosecutors office was a collection agency they could hire ("he owes me money, I want you to tell him to pay me or you'll have him arrested!").

My second job was working computer help desk at a university for one semester, which basically involved me not rolling my eyes at clueless college students who did not understand basic computing concepts and acting like I was personally responsible for any malfunction and it was my fault.

My third job was working at a library on the campus of the same university. This was about a year, I had less sucky customers, because I was working not at the main circulation desk but at an obscure office where I mostly cataloged books and did behind-the-scenes functionary work, but sometimes I'd have to work the circulation desk. Not a bad job, but the pay was lousy.

My fourth job was my first entry into the wild, wacky world of. . .retail! Working for about a half-year at a department store at a major mall. Now this was sucky customers: return scams, being falsely accused of racism, people using clothing displays as garbage cans, people trying to pass obviously bogus checks, even having to work on Black Friday. I was so glad to leave that horrible place.

My fifth job was working in a warehouse. Hell on Earth job, but at least it wasn't customer-facing.

My sixth job was working in a call center for two and a half years. Now THIS is the bulk of my sucky-customer stories. I did customer service for a cell phone company, and hated every minute of it.

My seventh job was to enlist in the military in the reserves. I'm still in, and that's not really a "customers suck" thing.

My eighth job is that I am now a law-enforcement officer. I left working at the call center to go the police academy. I am so happy to be out of the world of retail and customer service and into something less stressful, like the military and law enforcement world.

Hi, and welcome!

Comment

It's sad that military and law enforcement is considered easier then retail.
      My to you. And
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Welcome to the shared instanity.
        We make the pain go away by sharing SC ass hattery!

Comment

Quoth silverstaff View Post

...working for a prosecuting attorney....thought that basically the prosecutors office was a collection agency ...("he owes me money, I want you to tell him to pay me or you'll have him arrested!").
          Seriously? Wow. While it'd certainly be handy, I don't really think other taxpayers should foot the bill for my civil matters. But of course, I'm not an EW.

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
          It's sad that military and law enforcement is considered easier then retail.
          lol! QFT!!! And thanks for your service silverstaff.

Welcome (back) aboard.

Comment

Working...
          X