Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

to my fellow video game store employees.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
    Same here. And I'm not getting a PS4 until we get some word on a Kingdom Hearts 3 release date. Holding out for a KH bundle. Though that's not likely to happen.
    I really hope they do do a KH3 PS4 bundle, I will gladly camp out in front of GameStop for one.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
      Am I the only one that still prefers to play games on a DESKTOP PC?????
      Nope. I still play games on a desktop PC. I have an older PC running MS-DOS 6.22 just for older games. I'm currently playing Morrowind on my Windows 7 PC.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post

Nope, not in the least, I'm very fond of pc, which is why my consoles are the two that have the least potential to crossover with my pc games, but a lot of the jrpgs don't come out for pc, since pc gaming is nowhere near as big in Japan as it is over here.

And yes, I'm aware of emulators. They are all well and good for games I can't get a hold of.
        Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
        Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
        -Unknown Author

Comment

I just got my PS3 last December. Man, I am way out of the loop.

Maybe I'll get a PS4 for my birthday in May. I'm in no rush though. I have GTA V and Lollipop Chainsaw to entertain me still.

Quoth Crossbow View Post
          I used to play a lot of PC games in the past but right now the only PC game I play is The Sims. I do horrible, horrible things in that game.

Comment

Quoth Magic And Pancakes View Post

I used to play a lot of PC games in the past but right now the only PC game I play is The Sims. I do horrible, horrible things in that game.
            Isn't that The Sims is all about? Building a house and killing people with toilets?

If you'll excuse me, I need to go make popcorn in preparation for all the release day SC stories.

I probably should post those stories of mine I have saved up too >.>

Comment

Quoth Cranky Cabbie View Post
              Isn't that The Sims is all about? Building a house and killing people with toilets?
              And swimming pools. And stoves. And elevators. And...
              "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                Nope, I don't own any platform other than my PC. I can't see spending the money to buy anything else - I get the game and it goes onto my computer, and it goes anywhere with me and is not dependent upon having any other gear than a keyboard and trackman [or the laptop and trackman]
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                  another here.... can't stand console controllers! Never got used to them.
                  I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    Nope. I still play games on a desktop PC. I have an older PC running MS-DOS 6.22 just for older games..
                    Another PC player here, too! It helps that my PS3 is currently non-functional x.x And I used to have my Win3.11 and MS-DOS 6.22+e floppies until my last move.
                    Quoth KatherineB View Post
                    And swimming pools. And stoves. And elevators. And...
                    ...And fences...
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                      Not the only one. I have a dedicated gaming computer (not the best but no FB, email, etc to gum up the works) for my MMORPGs!
                      Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Quoth Opalin View Post
                        I wish all of us currently in the US the best over the next week and a half, as the new consoles release and everyone tries their very best to get them. So far in my store I've had:

At least six people insisting I must have them in the back room, and that I should sell them when I get them, since the games are right there, on the wall. <snip>
                        I was still working for a certain music retailer as a security guard in the UK when the 360 was released. It was sufficiently hell like that that's when I started wearing body armour to work...
                        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Gizmo View Post
                          another here.... can't stand console controllers! Never got used to them.
                          I've been playing Diablo III with my nephew on his Xbox; I'd love to be able to play at home but have been reluctant to get the Mac version. I'm actually thinking about getting a console (last one I had was an old Atari); I found the controller made it a lot easier to play the game than using a mouse and keyboard in D2.

So let me ask for advice: assume I'm planning to get other games besides D3. What version of the X box 360 should I get (in terms of storage space).
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Magic And Pancakes View Post
                            I just got my PS3 last December. Man, I am way out of the loop.
                            The last one my brother got was 2 years ago for Christmas (320 GB system I purchased from Red Bullseye.)

He's more excited this year about the 500 GB PS3 than the PS4 . . . and yes, he's got one on layaway at Wally that I'll have to pick up next month.

Which will work out fine . . . I'm taking the 320GB one for my office and I'm going to learn to use it.

We've never understood the hoopla about buying something new right when it comes out . . . wait long enough and you can get it on sale - and as a plus, you know the store will have plenty on hand so you don't have to deal with rainchecks or out of stock issues.

We're also the ones who laugh at those who camp out overnight so they can be first in line. I enjoy my new iPhone 4s that I paid 99 cents for from my wireless company than I would have if I'd spent 99 dollars on the 5c or 199 for the 5s.

Plus I didn't have to camp out and look like a moron and risk pnuemonia of the butthole (as my late Grandma would say) just for bragging rights.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                              T... risk pnuemonia of the butthole (as my late Grandma would say) just for bragging rights.
                              or suffer chronic farfromdias of the bogroll. (apologies to Water Closet Fields)
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Hoo boy, do I have a launch story. Not a sucky customer one, though, but let me tell you, the retailers are going to be needing ALL of your prayers.

So! Mr. Bells works for a video game developer that makes a popular MMO. Last night, as an early Christmas bonus, they somehow got their hands on over three hundred PS4 consoles and handed them out to the entire staff.

Awesome right?

Well we ran out for some accessories/games, plugged it in and got the setup out of the way. Popped in our first disc and ... it crashed. Refused to turn back on. Unable to boot in safe mode. Unable to contact Sony's customer service. Booted out of the chat queue three times.

Today we discovered there's a Sony store in the city about 30 minutes (and two bridge tolls) away. They're willing to swap it out for us even though we don't have a receipt. So off we go into the parking lot nightmare from hell. The dudes in the store are awesome, swap us out, and they say all the defective units are coming from Amazon so we'll be fine now.

You can see where this is going right? Yeah, console #2 refused to even turn on. BACK in the car, BACK across the bridge, BACK into the somehow even more crowded parking lot. And this time there's 2 other people in the store trying to return defective consoles. The dude behind us got the last one - or at least I hope he did, god knows if they had any more that actually worked. THIS time we had them take it out of the box and test it before we left.

The guys at the store were awesome; one of them even offered his own pre-ordered console if he couldn't get us a working one out of stock. But if this is as big a problem as it appears, it's going to be a really bad week for the retailers.

Comment

Working...
                                X