This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHOOT ME!!!

I had a customer come in today, scruffy guy with dirty clothing and beard (probably a homeless guy, the area has tons of them and it is Mardi Gras*) and purchase a model. These models are part of a fairly large shipment that my boss got a HUGE deal on so sells them for like 1/10 of the normal price. SG (scruffy guy) starts telling me about how he likes to put them together then sell them to tourists for outrageous prices. I'm like Whatever floats your boat buddy. He leaves and is immediately accosted by a police officer in the mall (I work in a game store in a mall). I watch as SG gets in the face of the cop and is yelling loudly at him. Next thing we know, the cop and another cop have thrown him to the ground (the thud was astonishing) and handcuffing the guy. They start pulling a large number of things from out of his jacket including a few games from our store as well as items from other stores in the area. I was shocked because I had been watching him the entire time he was in the store and I did not see him take a thing.

The cops got SG up into sitting position and proceeded to read the guy his rights and take statement from witnesses (surprisingly not from me). I then hear SG yell at the top of his lungs "SHOOT ME!!! SHOOT ME!!!" Eventually he gets taken away and we get our items back.

Why the hell would you demand that a person who is perfectly capable of doing so and has the means to do so, shoot you???

*For any of you from Vancouver, you know what Mardi Gras is here, for everyone else, it is Welfare Wednesday, usually the last Wednesday of the month but this month it is a little early because of Christmas*
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Either flat-out suicide by cop, or he was hoping to survive and try to sue for a buttload of money.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Or he really wasn't particularly compos mentis and was just yelling it to taunt them ...

Comment

Almost certainly mental illness with poor anger management/impulse control. When I was in med school I was in ER treating a drunk mentally ill guy who had a wound on his wrist with a lot of debris in it, very time consuming to clean it up. He kept asking me to amputate his hand so he could leave sooner & perpetuate keeping his drunk on. When for the 10th time I explained that amputation would actually be a lot more time consuming (pre-op, OR, etc) he hauled off and punched me in the face. This being 30 years ago, I hit him back, elbowed him hard enough to cold-cock him long enough to finish cleaning & stitching his wound. Didn't even contaminate my sterile gloves. If he wasn't A) very drunk and B) mentally ill he could have sued me but I would have claimed, justifiably I think, self-defense. But we never heard from him.
        Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
        TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
        X