Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was also anti e-reader for a very long time. One year, a friend gave me one for Christmas. Of course I thanked him for it, but privately thought that I'd never use it. Somehow it got grafted to my hand I get a lot of free books from baen and also from the library. Even if you don't have an e-reader, I encourage you to go to the aforementioned baen site and read why they give out free books. Its very interesting.

Back in the day of card catalogs, I worked in the technical services department of a library. I loved that job, and only left because my sweetie and I wanted to buy a house and couldn't afford to do it in Calif. One year, the owner of a used book store died and left the contents of his store to the library. We (tech services) went to the store and sorted the books into 3 categories. 1. to be added to the collection. 2. to go the the Friends for sale. 3. Books that nobody would want to buy but employees could take them. These books had pages falling out, broken covers and other damage. I started bringing books home (mostly needlework patterns and old pulp fiction. I'm a big Lovecraft fan).

I had books stacked on the counters, the bookshelves were drooping with the weight, there were books stacked on the floor, books next to the bed and covering the headboard.

One day my sweetie was looking under the couch for a kitty toy and found a book. He held it up and shook it in the air and asked "isn't there some sort of 12-step program for this?!?"

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
      ... asked "isn't there some sort of 12-step program for this?!?"
      Yep. I need to get the new affirmations book for it.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
      X