Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once went to "Betterish Buy" and had to ask for a manager because of an issue with the clerk being an asshat (believe me, I wasn't trying to get the clerk in trouble, just get the price I was supposed to be paying).

Anyways, the clerk knew where I worked, and called MY company's corporate office to complain about me being a "poor representative of the company."

No surprise, corporate gave them a gift certificate to my restaurant for a free dinner and called to bitch me out about how I "acted" on my own free time in a store that had nothing to do with our restaurant.
    "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
    -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post
      I once went to "Betterish Buy" and had to ask for a manager because of an issue with the clerk being an asshat (believe me, I wasn't trying to get the clerk in trouble, just get the price I was supposed to be paying).

Anyways, the clerk knew where I worked, and called MY company's corporate office to complain about me being a "poor representative of the company."

No surprise, corporate gave them a gift certificate to my restaurant for a free dinner and called to bitch me out about how I "acted" on my own free time in a store that had nothing to do with our restaurant.
      WTF? The clerk, I presume, wanted you to accept the incorrect price?

Comment

My coworker was called out by a sucktomer on her outfit for the day when she was shopping in the mall outside our store and off the clock. Yeah, she dresses provocatively and I personally don't always like what she wears, but she has a right to dress however she wants off the clock. The sucktomer went to our managers with this, behind Coworker's back. My company is basically like, The employee was off the clock? We don't tell people what to do off the clock. They also back us up on the not working off the clock thing.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth sstabeler View Post
          I think her line of thought was more along the lines of "If I tell everyone HE'S the asshole, it takes the heat off of me!"
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Considering the number of stupid calls to the corporate number of the company that owns my store nothing would surprise me.
            We actually were told not to stand near register 3 during shift change. Apparently some assclown called to complain about so many people being there vs the number of registers that were active.
            Off topic about the pictures but the mentality is the same.
            People are entitled to their time off and their lunch and their breaks. Just because I am there doesn't mean I am on the clock. My time is just as valuable as anyone else's.

At times I would like to get a hat that has "I am off the clock" stitched on it in big white letters.

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post

So they pulled a Gawker. Niiiiiiiiice.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                If some customer saw me drinking some water and sniffed that I should "get back to work", I probably would have broke my shoe off in their ass.
                One of our cart guys at the wholesale club occasionally had issues with this kind of thing. He'd be outside, in 90F+ degree 90%+ humidity for hours, bringing up carts, and he'd stop to come inside, where it was marginally cooler, and get a drink of water, and he'd get someone snapping at him to "Get back to work."

Only problem was, it wasn't a customer saying this, it was one of the managers.

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

J2W - Yyyyup. I've had one too many managers in my day who think "five seconds of downtime" == "worthless lazy slug" >_<
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    J2W - Yyyyup. I've had one too many managers in my day who think "five seconds of downtime" == "worthless lazy slug" >_<
                    That is the reason I absolutely hate the phrase, "If you have time to lean, you have time to clean."

I wish I had the comeback, "If you have time to talk, you have time to shut up," when I last heard that. I know it doesn't rhyme, but it does get the point across.

I used to hear that when I worked for Taco Diablo. Couldn't they spare a few seconds so I can catch my breath?
                    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Yep. And they always manage to find you exactly when you're taking a few seconds to breathe, clean your eyeglasses or get a drink of water. A few seconds breather out of an eight hour day isn't going to bankrupt the company.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

To be fair, the manager who said that to the cart guy specifically had an issue with him and cut him zero slack. And while said cart guy had a variety of character flaws, he did work his ass off when he went outside to haul carts up. And this was before we had an automated cart pushing machine or a linked line of leashes to use to help haul them along.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Hubs once had a customer go complain to his boss because Little Ara and I stopped by while he was on his lunch break, and I gave him a kiss before I left. The kicker? He wears a coat and apron while working that he takes off for his break so he can sit outside. So he was sitting outside in regular clothes, clearly not working at the moment, and the only way he could be identified as an employee at all was by a regular who knew him. And it's not like I made out with him, it was a quick good-bye kiss.

No, he didn't get in trouble for it.
                          The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            My managers are generally good about their cart jockeys...on the most sweltering, humid days, they often let me take a breather for a few minutes on one of the benches while I work through a bottle of water. Unless the immediate need for carts is dire, they'll generally be lenient if one of us is struggling. I mean, even if the temperature is note-perfect for outdoor work (low seventies, no humidity, partly-cloudy skies), it's still strenuous work hauling carts in for hours on end, and If you don't give your employees a chance to take a breather and collect themselves before collecting more carriages, they're gonna drop down in a dead faint in the parking lot, and that won't reflect very well on the company as a whole.

Comment

Quoth sstabeler View Post
                              Yeah, it was ringing up incorrectly, and I was trying to get the price shown in the ad (and on the tag in front of the item). I would have probably just paid the difference if it were a dollar or five, but it was a discount of about $50. The cashier was basically acting as if I were a skinflint for asking for the deal.
                              "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                              -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

With high temperature and high humidity it is an OSHA issue as well. And a heat stroke can kill a person!
                                No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Working...
                                X