X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
    "On the internet, no one knows you're a dog."
    The internet, where men are men and women are men

Female, and I really don't care who knows it. My stalker died 2 years ago, and I am good with that. The minor fact that I have gotten into the habit of going armed at all time [and am licensed for concealed carry here in CT and the states that reciprocate is a minor detail.] makes me not overly worried about being outed with my real name and location online, though not even my facebook is in my real name [I managed to get one of my MMORPG characters as my name as it sounds plausible for a real name.]
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
      And teenage girls are FBI agents.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        And little blue furry things from Alpha Centauri are real little blue furry things from Alpha Centauri.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          And teenage girls are FBI agents.
          I love this one.

I have once ben mistaken for male online. I guess I have either a masculine or gender-neutral way of "speaking" in type? I'll admit, it was part of an experiment to see if people at one fandom forum I was joining would be able to figure it out if I wasn't obvious about it.

I don't mind if people know I'm female. I tend to be careful to control what information about myself I put on the internet, so while my real name is findable, my location and the names of my children aren't, as is, generally, any information that would be used for security questions on websites like bank websites and the like. It's at least partly because my hobby-business is predominantly online (artwork), so I need to be findable to some extent. Just not to the extent that my kids are compromised.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
          X