This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth SailorMan View Post
    Kind of the opposite, but in the same vein. Years ago, I once had a supervisor who insisted on telling me how to do parts of my job. Often, he would arrive on scene where I was working, while I was performing a task I'd been doing successfully for at least a couple of decades
    I once had a supervisor who had a "thing" just like this. I was a programmer (and designer) during the 1990s. We would have regular meetings to discuss designs. During those meetings his way of asserting himself was to wait until one of us had finished explaining and he would say "There's something wrong with that - but I just can't put my finger on it."

Weeks later when we modified the design (as we always did) he would wait until we had explained what we changed and why, and then say "I knew there was something wrong with that! I told you!"

Later that annoyed me enough that I refused to work with him and that led to me leaving that company and running my own company. Then I didn't have to listen to his lies about how he "knew" that there was something wrong.

Comment

Working...
    X