Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If memory serves, commissaries always required IDs and PXs/Navy Exchanges usually didn't.

I buy military-grade shoe polish at the Navy Exchange inside the Washington Navy Yard and they never ask for ID. Then again, you can't get into the Navy Yard during normal business hours without lots of ID in the first place. So maybe they just figure if you're in the Navy Exchange, you must be OK.

I can't imagine a high-ranking officer's wife pulling that crap. She's got to know she's risking hubby's career. Once you make colonel, any furhter promotion depends on luck as much as anything else. It's up or out and since they're looking for reasons to cull the herd, a PITA spouse is as good a reason as any.

Comment

I can't imagine a high-ranking officer's wife pulling that crap. She's got to know she's risking hubby's career. Once you make colonel, any furhter promotion depends on luck as much as anything else. It's up or out and since they're looking for reasons to cull the herd, a PITA spouse is as good a reason as any.
      And never piss off the wrong peon either, it's also who you know, like it might have been a bad idea to piss off my dad like that when he was a private, mostly because his dad was a Brigadier. Most higher ranks SO's tend to be fairly nice anyway, at least the ones I've met are.
      If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth BJD;466646

About a month later, and out of the clear blue, my employer questioned me at length about the incident and once he was satisfied that I had kept my cool and not done anything embarassing for the security firm, he showed me a letter from a VP of [B
        Sony Canada[/B] (the older gentleman in the foursome) thanking my boss for having staff that were willing to stand their ground and not let just anybody into the VIP section of the expo.

Yikes, good job that you actually went and stood your ground. That was cool though for the VP to send a thank you to your boss even though you were just doing your job. Holy smokes.
        "Otherwise you are free to keep putting your hope in leprechauns, horseshoes and unicorn farts."-Gravekeeper

Comment

Of the many MANY bases I've lived on, or been on, I found that not all places requried the ID to get in. Every single one required the ID to purchase anything though. Didn't matter if it was a TV or a pack of gum. No ID, no sale.

You're able to sign someone in without an ID, but if they're seen handing you money, you're both kicked out and you run the risk of having your priviledges revoked.

In the OPs case with EW, pulling that shit can get her priviledges revoked and possibly her husband's too, if not suspended. What Military Dependents (Spouses and children) fail to realize is that their Sponsor (the family member inthe military) is responsible for their actions. When we were stationed in Kaneohe, there was a Captain court martialed because his teenage son got busted for pot.

Put me down for buying Henry a drink and remind him that the next time she pulls that shit, he should ask her to clarify who her husband is so that he can report it.

CH
          Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

Quoth Auto View Post
            Is it just me, or does anyone else keep thinking of Colonel Tigh and his banshee of a wife?

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
              Is it just me, or does anyone else keep thinking of Colonel Tigh and his banshee of a wife?
              Colonel Tigh, as in Sol Tigh in BSG... I hope that's who you mean because I too pictured his wife as the EW in the OP.
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Saul Tigh, actually. It was originally supposed to be Paul Tigh, but apparently there were some legal issues, thus forcing them to go with Saul a few episodes in, which is close enough to Paul that they didn't have to dub anything.

Comment

What a huge "DON'T"!

She seriously embarassed her husband there, and could have gotten him in trouble.

What an idiot.
                  "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

So did you ever find out exactly she was? Was she really some high ranking officail's wife?

Comment

Quoth Iris Kojiro View Post
                      "Good day, ma'am. Please give your husband my condolences."

Reminds me of an exchange between Winston Churchill and a lady which went something like this:

Lady: Sir, if you were my husband I would drink poison.
                      Churchill: Madam, if you were my wife, I would serve it to you.
                      Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

My mom was an Army officer's wife, and I don't thnk I ever heard her try and pull rank like this.

I remember officer's wives that would try, and would do their best to establish concrete pecking orders in the Wive's Clubs based on their husband's rank. They were taken aside and quiet words were had with them about civilians (as many of the wives were), having no rank or standing in the military.

Comment

I once was stuck behind a 2nd Lt's wife on Benning throwing a fit because they didn't salute her as she was leaving. The car was saluted upon approach, per SOP, but since she was not an officer it was not upon departing. Her husband came down and ripped her a new one, it was funny.

Ft Benning we had to show our ID's to enter the PX, Ft Richardson just to pay. The commissary's just to pay.

Comment

LADY: It's not necessary. I'm (high ranking officer's wife).
                            Which really means, "I have no rank."

Now I have nothing against military spouses, cos yeah it's the "toughest job in the military" but... you can't pull rank when you have none.

and hell, if he'd called the MPs against her... it could actually reflect badly on her husband.

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
                              Reminds me of an exchange between Winston Churchill and a lady which went something like this:

Lady: Sir, if you were my husband I would drink poison.
                              Churchill: Madam, if you were my wife, I would serve it to you.
                              No, it's the other way round.

lady: "if you were my husband, I'd serve you poison."

Churchill: "and, ma'am, if you were my wife, I'd drink it."

I don't recall the actual words, but that's how it went.

Comment

Quoth Igorina View Post
                                My mom was an Army officer's wife, and I don't thnk I ever heard her try and pull rank like this.

I remember officer's wives that would try, and would do their best to establish concrete pecking orders in the Wive's Clubs based on their husband's rank. They were taken aside and quiet words were had with them about civilians (as many of the wives were), having no rank or standing in the military.
                                That's right.

But they did have a pecking order among themselves that worked off hubbie's rank.

Comment

Working...
                                X