This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Hyndis View Post
    If there's a foreclosure and eviction and the person living there absolutely refuses to leave, they call in some police officers to enforce the eviction order.
    Exactly. And I don't see them having to use lock picks to break into a house when no ones home. When cops come in to enforce an order, they don't pick the lock. They knock and then sit there and wait until someone opens the door, even if it means sitting outside for hours.

This guy just wants someone to teach him how to break into a house.
    I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
      Additionally what really makes him an idiot is that there is tons on info on the internet and in the lock library on how to pick locks.

Somehow my impression is people like this are not just stupid/dumb but also very lazy as if you do point them to the local library they will start to complain about how much work it it to do the needed reading and then practice on their own locks at home.

They almost always start asking you what the "TRICK" is to doing a job and refuse to believe you if you point out it took you lots of study and hard work.
      There are also inexpensive videos available via mail order that SHOW the "tricks."

DH is a locksmith, and got one of the videos. I was shocked to find out that just anybody could order them!
      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth JLRodgers View Post
        I'd think they would hire a locksmith to change the locks if anything.
        I don't know how it works over there in the states, but here in Aus the finance companies hire recovery companies, who then hire locksmiths.

It sucks, considering the season, but a large portion of our income is currently derived from repossession of houses.

Thankfully, the people being foreclosed on bitch at the sherriffs and the agent for the repo company, and not me.

Quoth Primer View Post
        There are also inexpensive videos available via mail order that SHOW the "tricks."

DH is a locksmith, and got one of the videos. I was shocked to find out that just anybody could order them!
        There is also a site I know of that is selling the tools to the general public. Unfortunately, due to them being based in China, it's damn near impossible to get them to stop selling them.
        Last edited by Locksmith_from_Hell; 12-21-2008, 08:07 PM.
        This post has been brought to you by the IPF SC Neutering Campaign.

Comment

RG: I work with banks doing foreclosures.
          which means the bank better hire a pro to do the job, cos then they'll have the paperwork to back it up.
          if they just go in and do it themselves the homeowner (eh) could have a legal case against the bank.

and who's to say he won't use those skills for some off-the-clock work too?

I'd say... "Sure... just let me call my 'associate' to have all the paperwork drawn up for breaking-and-entering lessons." ... then you call the police

Comment

lock pick tools arent illegal to own, at least not in california, but cops don't like it when you carry them around.

Comment

Quoth cawaker View Post
              lock pick tools arent illegal to own, at least not in california, but cops don't like it when you carry them around.
              Really? I thought it was something like possesion of burglery tools or something along those lines. (If you are not a licensed Lock Smith or licensed for the tools).

But it wouldn't surprise me to be wrong either (speaking on cali only though)
              My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth cawaker View Post
                I don't think they're actually illegal to own anywhere, but almost everywhere you can be pulled up on carrying them.

I know that here in Australia, if you have them, without signage on your vehicle or a work shirt, you can be charged with going equipped to burgle.
                This post has been brought to you by the IPF SC Neutering Campaign.

Comment

Name on card

Name and fully business name and address probably was on the card. SC was proablably small time pawn / loan shark company. trying to dodge the law. Did not bother to actually read the law.

All the places I have see require all users of said break in tools to be bonded in order to use the tools. This includes The *Motor Association (AAA, CAA, AMA) As you need to be certified. If you break into a house it is considered breaking and entering and even when I worked for a rental company we still had to have someone there. Stating we did not steal it. We did have a few times where we actually were accompanied by city police.

Comment

Working...
                  X