• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening hurts too much.

Customer: Did you get my info?
    Me: No.
    Customer: Great! Anyway…

Customer: Was there an outage on Robin Hood Street?
    Me: Is that 2 words? Robin Hood?
    Customer: Yes, that’s one word.

Customer: You have permission to holler at me at will. I don’t listen to anyone.
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

PJ, I second Blas' motion fo the "Bring your child to work" day I think I could pass off as young enough to be your son, and I'd jsut love to be there when you got all these phone calls in Of course, the person on the other end would be wondering what the hysterical laughter was in the background.
    Stop driving me insane, I'm already within walking distance!

Comment

Quoth Jaden
      Of course, the person on the other end would be wondering what the hysterical laughter was in the background.
      I'd make sure you had a mute switch on your headphones. Otherwise, we'd both get in trouble!

Comment

I keep thinking about getting a job at the call centre across from where I work now, because it pays almost 2x what I make now, but I just think of your calls PJ, and realize I'd never be able to handle it. I'd have a psychotic break on the first day. They'd find me gibbering in a corner going "Hi, can I help you?" *twitch* "Hi, can I help you?" *twitch* "Hi, can I help you?" *twitch*

PJ, you're an for putting up with these people.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey
          PJ, you're an for putting up with these people.
          I may have the patience of a saint, but it's not because these customers never challenge me. They really do! Some nights things get to me more than others. The key to call center work is not to take them seriously. Don't take things personally. And most of all, realize they don't know how stupid they sound. And I make sure to bring home a list of these stupid quotes just to have my husband read them back to me so we can laugh at them together. It's just great stress release.

Oh, and I was shooting rubber bands at a co-worker earlier today. That took the edge off.

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey
            Customer: You have permission to holler at me at will. I don’t listen to anyone.
            Well, I value his honesty.
            Not, you know, alot...but still.
            Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

Quoth Acolyte
              Well, I value his honesty.
              Not, you know, alot...but still.
              FIREFLY!!!!!
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey

Correct response: *silence*....*silence*.....'Oh i'm sorry sir, I stopped listening there. What was that you said?'

Will you $*&£ing mind the $*&£ing doors!

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey
                  I'd make sure you had a mute switch on your headphones. Otherwise, we'd both get in trouble!
                  My manager at the telemarketing place use to yell about making sales and usually right by my cubical.... The person on the other end would ask what was going on... Which lead to.... "My manager gets really excited about work." Which lead to, "In my office when you finish that call."

Comment

Working...
                  X