This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers Suck Podcast?

Has this idea been proposed at any point?

By you, just now.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      By you, just now.

Rapscallion
      Lol...well then, is this an idea anyone else would like to see realized?

Comment

Who's going to speak and about what? Hosting it is easy.

Rapscallion

Comment

Moved to suggestions so it doesn't get pushed to oblivion right away.

I'm rather interested. What would be involved in this podcast? Anyone have ideas for content?
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Podcast sounds interesting, but I can't think of what the hosts would talk about. news for the boards? Popular threads? How much we hate pink camo?

Definitely something to think about...

*ponders some more*

Comment

We could take turns reading off big postings. I wouldn't mind trying out for a speaking role.

Comment

I don't know about who would be the host...it wouldn't be me. I don't think I have the radio voice . I was thinking about it being modeled similar to some of the tech podcasts I listen to.

People could call in and talk about their daily work place experiences; basically, verbalizing what they may post in the forums and spawn discussion/debate over it. The show could also discuss work place tips, news (minimum wage, economy, etc.), career advice, etc. Maybe even a dear Abby type thing .

These were just somethings I was thinking about...some may be good ideas, some may be bad...I dunno. I just thought it'd be nice if I could take CS with me while I'm on the road to work and from work.

Comment

Well we could defintly have a Jester themed area since hes the king of giving good advice.

I think it would be a good idea but I think it's something that would have to be done carefully.

Still would love to be a host/reader

As they say I have a face for radio.

Comment

I would love to read some stories for a podcast, if this idea ever gets moving. I've been complimented as having a radio voice before and it sounds fun

Comment

Quoth volatile View Post
                      People could call in and talk about their daily work place experiences; basically, verbalizing what they may post in the forums and spawn discussion/debate over it. The show could also discuss work place tips, news (minimum wage, economy, etc.), career advice, etc. Maybe even a dear Abby type thing .

These were just somethings I was thinking about...some may be good ideas, some may be bad...I dunno. I just thought it'd be nice if I could take CS with me while I'm on the road to work and from work.
                      Well we'd have to be careful on that idea as far as debates go. If we don't allow it on the boards, it would feel odd to allow it on the podcast. Though I think the other ideas are interesting.

As far as hosts, well if their are multiple hosts/co-hosts (ideally) that would mean they'd have to get together once a week/bi-weekly/month/whatever on Skype or something. Meaning everyone on air would have to be free a specific time. And when you consider time zones, work schedules, etc. that's gonna be a lotta of coordination and planning. Doable but we'll need people who can handle that, and has the time to commit to it.

We would need someone who could lead the discussion (usually the main host in charge of the podcast, but doesn't have to be) and keep it on track. Remember we're talking about members of CS talking about CS related things, meaning work, and such. And it's quite easy for us members to stray off topic. Ok it's very easy, but my point is the host will have to keep everyone on track and keep everyone from following bunny trails further than they need to be.

In other words, if this does go somewhere and you want to be a host/ co-host/whatever be aware that podcasts are fun yes, but they also involve a bit of work. More than you might think, so don't blindly volunteer unless your sure you can commit.

I like this idea, it has a lot of potential. Continue bouncing around ideas guys. Raps/Admins/etc. what do y'all think?

ETA
                      Wow I went on a bit....

Comment

A possible source for structures and methods could be MaximumPC 's "No BS podcasts".
                        It sounds as if it is:

A) Not webcast live
                        B) Recorded live, editted & mixed.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I don't know if I'd be able to make the time commitment, what with a stupidly variable schedule at work, but I'd definitely love to give it a try. I'm often given compliment about my ability to read something aloud, so if this happens and there are episodes that are just reading posts I'd like to volunteer for that.
                          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                            if this happens and there are episodes that are just reading posts I'd like to volunteer for that.
                            I'd hope that simply reading posts would be minimal at best. That sounds dreadfully boring to listen to for any length of time. I'd hoped that at the least, there'd be discussion on the post, debating points of the post, noting trends, you know, something value-added. I mean, if someone just wants posts read to them, then copy the posts to a document and use a text-to-speech reader.

I mean, to be interesting, it'd be nice if there was maybe a focus on underrated post of the week (a post with a low view/response count, but the podcaster found interesting), some form of commentary on posts, maybe some CS-related news from different areas, advice to listeners, that sort of thing.
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Also, I think this podcast wouldn't be a daily thing...I think it would get off to a fast start and then run out of things to talk about. I'm thinking along the lines of a weekly or bi-weekly program that is pre-recorded and edited. I don't know if having a live podcast is the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X