Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would go weekly. And what if we did question and answer type shows? Where a member at random is chosen and people can send them questions about them.

And what about a Jester theme where he can give his sage advice to those who send questions.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
      I'd hope that simply reading posts would be minimal at best. That sounds dreadfully boring to listen to for any length of time. I'd hoped that at the least, there'd be discussion on the post, debating points of the post, noting trends, you know, something value-added. I mean, if someone just wants posts read to them, then copy the posts to a document and use a text-to-speech reader.

I mean, to be interesting, it'd be nice if there was maybe a focus on underrated post of the week (a post with a low view/response count, but the podcaster found interesting), some form of commentary on posts, maybe some CS-related news from different areas, advice to listeners, that sort of thing.
      I agree. Discussion on the thread is definitely a must! And definitely focus on unpopular threads. Yeah sure discussion on a GK, Kara, etc. post is alright from time to time, but not exclusively them.

Maybe have a segment for each section (Sightings, Management, etc.) including off topic maybe. We don't want it to be just Sucky Customers threads, cause then threads in the other sections would get left out.

Quoth volatile View Post
      Also, I think this podcast wouldn't be a daily thing...I think it would get off to a fast start and then run out of things to talk about. I'm thinking along the lines of a weekly or bi-weekly program that is pre-recorded and edited. I don't know if having a live podcast is the way to go.
      Oh yeah definately weekly (or bi-weekly if necessary). Not live no, live podcasts would be a pain. Plus pre-recorded you can edit out any parts that became drawn out or boring, or whatever.

Quoth Aethian View Post
      I would go weekly. And what if we did question and answer type shows? Where a member at random is chosen and people can send them questions about them.

And what about a Jester theme where he can give his sage advice to those who send questions.
      Well the Jester one would depend entirely on if he can participate or not.

Comment

Working...
      X