This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero to Meeeyow in 6.5 Seconds

A couple weeks ago I came upon a woman that looked like she needed help, and she accepted my offer of assistance. She was looking for an obscure Dictaphone... the old-school tape recorder machines that secretaries used back in the day. “You’re too young to remember.” Advice: Never assume an employee’s age. In this case she was correct but condescending. Her tone of voice made it sound very insulting.

She remarked that ‘a young lady’ had already started to help but had disappeared. I asked what the young lady looked like, so I could find her and follow up. This could have been one of three coworkers who were female and of youthful age.
    “I don’t care what she looked like. I just want to be helped!”
    “OK I will go grab a catalog and I’ll look up what you are looking for to see if we have anything available.”
    “This is ridiculous. I’m going to give up now and leave.”

And both of us walk away in opposite directions. No skin off my nose since this SC volunteered to leave! Haha!

That's happen to me a few times. There was a guy who asked about a power inverter but, oh, since I'm a girl, I don't know what that is. Hello?? I lived in an RV for 6 months (different story) out on our property, the 1000 watt power inverter was our lifeline, just about.
    This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

also, never treat the clerk/staff like they're dogs; this happened twice over the weekend.

one ass actually WHISTLED to get our attention; this f tard got a serious stink eye for it, and they left rather hurriedly (complain-I DARE YOU).

next one gave me 'encouragement' much like you would a new puppy when it pees outside for the first time:

'there you go!' (to me writing up a cup correctly; asshat, i've been doing this for 2 1/2 years, i absolutely do NOT need your direction)
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
      X