X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duh- sani!

This happened night before last.

A woman comes in with a group of about four or five boys- ages about 11-14 years old. Old enough to know better in otherwords. She made no attempts to keep them controlled in any way- at all.

I had to tell them- no running, no skating and no rough housing in general while they were in- as you may have guessed they were loud as well.
    She never said anything to me or them about their behavior.

As they were coming up to the counter they passed behind the Dasani water display. One boy shoved another boy into the back of the display knocking several bottles over on the shelf and causing one bottle of Strawberry flavored to FLY off and explode on the floor.

The Mom (and I use the term loosely) laughs and says to the boy, "Oh, ya made a mess. *yuk, yuk*"

I picked up the bottle, wiped off the outside and wrapped it in paper towels. I stood there with in in hand as they approached the counter to check out. My register being the first and closest would be the logical place to go... normally. But the Mom took one look at me standing there with the busted Dasani bottle and beelined for my CSR's register.

Me: *eyes narrow- brows furrow- glare*

CSR brings up the account and starts to ring items up.

I walk over and *SMILE* and politely say, "Oh, don't forget to ring this up on their bill also." and I hand the busted bottle to my CSR who *smiles* and says, "Oh, of course- I wouldn't forget that."

Us: *smiling pleasantly at the Mom*

Mom and kids: "Huh? Whaa..?" and other mystified noises.
    CSR: "Well, you DID break it. That means you have to buy it."
    Us: *more polite smiling*

In the end the Dasani was paid for and my CSR and I agreed that we don't like people in general too much.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

You and your CSR are da bombs! Glad you made her pay for it...maybe she will make those kids calm the "F" down! ARG!
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

your way too nice... I would have wheeled out a mop and bucket and made the boys clean it up!!
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

and the crowds of retail slaves cheered with sheer joy!

finally, some moron actually has to pay for their actions (or inactions, in this case); it's about TIME!
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Kiwi
          your way too nice... I would have wheeled out a mop and bucket and made the boys clean it up!!
          Oh, I thought about it- believe me.

I wanted the floor dry ASAP before other customers slipped/fell, etc. Having a slip/fall incident on my shift is one of my biggest fears. I had a friend who was tied up in court for a couple years over a slip/fall while he was on shift.
          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
          HellGate: London

Comment

Believe me, if they break it they buy it in my store. Even if it's their last $2 on Thursday for their cheap beer. They tend to be that way around here. Most have paid in change. Howling ensues. No free replacement. If you can't get it out of the cooler without dropping it, you don't need it.
            USN Retired

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay you and your CSR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet that Mom is still about having to pay...
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Awsome! I'm surprised she didn't start kicking and screaming like a little baby when she actually had to pay for the busted bottle.
                "The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts." - Steven Wright

Comment

Hahaha... "oh ya made a mess, yuk yuk"... I would *love* to have seen the look on her face when she realized that she bought it by breaking it!

Apparently she has never heard of that concept before. When I was little, there was this collectibles shop up the street from me that my mom and I would go to every now and then. She was basically strap me to herself while in there so I wouldn't break anything.

Retail slave: 1, SC: 0

Comment

Hmmm . . . if only the Kitty would allow their stores to have such a policy.

Sadly, though, they would rather allow the customers to tear up the entire store b/c they don't want to upset one and have a complaint sent into Corporate.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                    X