This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you can see it...

On the phone with a vendor, trying to provide our company credit card for payment, through their absolute genius of a customer service rep.

We go through the identify who I am, find the account, verify how much paying, yadda yadda yadda. Then we get to this bit:

CSR: And what is the billing address on the card?

Me: It's the same as the billing address on the invoice, <address>.

CSR: Okay, slow down, I can see the address here, but I can't type that fast.

Me: Well, it's the same as what you have in your system, so you can copy what's shown.

CSR: Sir, we can't do copy and paste. I can see, it but I can't copy it, so just repeat the address slowly.

Me: It's <a-d-d-r-e-s-s>.

CSR: Okay, that matches what I show on my screen for your account, and I've typed it in, what's the credit card number?

The rest of the transaction went fine, but by Cthulhu's Mighty Face Tentacles, if you have the address showing on your screen, you shouldn't need me to repeat it to you out loud so you can type it. Just copy what's right in front of your face.

She should have said, "I'm sorry, sir, but I needed to verify the address for security."
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
      Me: It's the same as the billing address on the invoice, <address>.

CSR: Okay, slow down, I can see the address here, but I can't type that fast.

Me: Well, it's the same as what you have in your system, so you can copy what's shown.

CSR: Sir, we can't do copy and paste. I can see, it but I can't copy it, so just repeat the address slowly.

if you have the address showing on your screen, you shouldn't need me to repeat it to you out loud so you can type it. Just copy what's right in front of your face.
      Not to mention, that really ought to be a single checkbox. Every web interface I've used in years actually defaults to checking the box: "Shipping Address same as Billing Address?".

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
        Not to mention, that really ought to be a single checkbox.
        If their system won't allow copy/paste, I'm not surprised it doesn't have other convenience features built in, either. But I'll skip threadjacking my own post to go into a rant about poorly coded software.

Comment

Working...
        X