This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Timing It!!

So... have you ever had some really good, really exciting news that you're just bursting to share, but CAN'T.

I get all twitchy, I wanna tell everyone and sing it from the rooftops, but alas, until a few more ducks are in a row I need to keep a lid on... BUUUUUT since you guys (and gals!) are all relatively anonymous and I have to tell SOMEONE...

I am short timing it on the Hotel Night Audit job!!

I got a job back in my division of my field, as a Travel Agent, and I have to say, I am darned excited. I loved when I worked for my old agency. But alas, the boss didn't really have a clue, and then my wife got pregnant, and I was commuting nearly an hour one way, so I had to give up on the career I loved to be a daddy (which, I will say, has been FOOKING amazing... but part of me is ready to be a day-walker again, to spend some quality time with my wife too, and get back to the job that I once loved.

Now I just need to figure out when I am quitting this job... they aren't going to pay out my accrued time off either... so I am thinking shorter rather than longer... and I've got to arrange for someone to watch the monkeys while I am at work (one is 3, so home all day, the other is 5 and in Kindergarten so that adds a bit more complexity to the situation.)

congrats! Glad you are able to get back to a field you love.

Comment

Great news!

Comment

wohoo!

and glad we're here to take the pressure off. hate for you to blow a gasket.

Comment

Are they supposed to pay you the accrued time off, even though you're leaving, or do you expect to be denied because they're jerks?

When do you start the new job? You could always say some emergency came up and you need to take your paid time off now, meanwhile you're getting your inner-clock reacquainted with daytime and making arrangements for the kiddos. Then quit.

Granted, it's not the nice way to handle the situation, but my actions would depend on how much I hated the job and people I worked with, and whether burning bridges would hurt me later on.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
          X