This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox help

I recently noticed that I no longer have the option to "bookmark" a website but rather I can subscribe. Hubby is using an identical laptop and updates are both up to date. Anyone familiar with FF and how/what I can change to put back my option to bookmark?

Thanks in advance!

Does Ctrl-D work to bookmark?
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Thank you, csquared. It does work as I tested it on this page. I'm really curious though, as to why my option disappeared and how to get it back. Control-D will be my fallback as I didn't even know about that option. (I've never bothered to learn the shortcuts...) I'm a little OCD about things and don't like change if it isn't necessary.

Comment

What Firefox version? I know one of the newest updates had/has some issues with hiding things.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Dreamstalker, I've looked at the properties and can't see a version #/letter. I'm not normally this 'uninformed' but this just bumfuzzled me. Hubby says that if it's a page we've never bookmarked before, that the bookmark function appears. Weird, huh? He lost his bookmark option this morning as well.

Comment

I tried going to a page I've never visited and I still don't have the bookmark option unless I do it with csquared's suggestion.

Comment

Quoth Luna Baby View Post
              Dreamstalker, I've looked at the properties and can't see a version #/letter.
              On my version of Firefox, if you pull down the "Help" menu, the "About Firefox" item (last on the list) will give the version #. Yours should probably do the same, since "Help/About $program" is a Windows standard.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Ah, thanks, wolfie. I didn't have the menu bar either and had to look for that. Found the information, says Firefox 31.0 Funnelcake Jul 2012 mozilla14 - 1.0 and states that Firefox is up to date. Anything else I need to post?

Comment

I'd suggest you look for an addon called Classic Theme Restorer as it'll allow you to customise your Firefox to remove the minimalist (and stupid Tabs on top) design they've gone with recently
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

That's how I got my install back to (mostly) normal; still a few hiccups but at least it works again.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Either that, or try Pale Moon (which is based off of the Firefox codebase but hasn't incorporated the UI brain damage that's been present since Firefox 29).
                      "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

Speaking of FF -- I've activated the option to make it NOT ask you for confirmation when you close multiple tabs (I use multi's a lot here, when reading online comics, etc) -- but it still asks me every time. Any ideas on how to make the option stick?
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                        X