This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boss rocks...

My boss drives me nuts at times. He calls my SCA activities 'wizards and harry potter' or 'craft sales' (he gave me a box of santa claus craft stuff once for my 'craft thing'), though all in mere lack of understanding what its' about, he puts up with my bows and arrows and weird costumes and habits at work and off duty too. He sometimes drives me nuts, but which boss doesnt?

The other week though he showed me why he is a GREAT boss despite all of this.

We had just started our busy week (the week after Stampede. We do all the stampede costumes, all the aprons from three large restaurants on Stampede property... so we're SWAMPEd. I was folding aprons for three hours the other day!)

And I came into work and saw flowers sitting on the table. how nice! Customers give us flowers on occasion so I thought nothing of it. Later I noticed flowers at one of the girls' workstations. I didnt think anything of it again - sometimes one of us gets to take the flowers home.

Then, the boss calls me over.

Boss: Hey Tuna, I know you didnt get any flowers but...
    Me: I didnt?
    Boss: No. I had talked to them and they said the flowers were not reccomended around pets or bird.
    Me: ohh, I see! I see! that's very nice of you.
    Boss: Yes, so I gave yours to a nice old lady customer we have, because its better safe than sorry, right?

I guess he thought I'd be upset I never got flowers, but it never crossed my mind. BUT, its VERY thoughtful of him to think about my lovely babies too when the flowers came. not many bosses would remember one's pets in such sitautions.
    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?
Working...
X