This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough day

Ugh. So yesterday I knew of one golf group before I began my shift. As it turned out, we actually had a total of four groups checking in, three of which were having on-site banquets. And we only had one front-desk person scheduled. I was scheduled in the back office and got pulled up front.

My coworker, the one who was actually scheduled to be upfront, kept disappearing. I don't know where. But half the time, it was just me up there.

Maintenance took away several of our rooms without warning. People who had waterview rooms with one king bed got bumped to waterview rooms with two queen beds instead. Of course even with apologies and the offer of discounts, guests refused to accept this. Cue much rioting.

Several amenities got screwed up. Cards for Guest A ended up in Guest B's room and vice versa.

Due to being crazy busy, I didn't get to take a break until 8:40pm. The employee dining room stops serving food at 8:30. All that was left were some roast veggies in the fridge.

I love my job. I really do. Last night felt awful, though.

Today should be better. Though the big owner and his friends are all checking in and having a little shindig at our fine facility.

Bonus: On our guest satisfaction survey, under "How can we improve?", one guest wrote: "It isn't my job to tell you how to fix your service!" Thanks for the constructive feedback, buddy.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Working...
X