Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always thought camo belongs on soldiers, period. Isn't it safer to wear blaze orange when hunting?

Not that it always works. We usually get at least one person shot by mistake on the first day of deer season up here. One guy got shot while he was lighting a cigarette, and he was wearing blaze orange. The guy who shot him said he "thought he saw a deer." Yeah....right...

Please note, I have nothing against hunters in general. I love me some venison.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      I've always thought camo belongs on soldiers, period. Isn't it safer to wear blaze orange when hunting?
      Depends on what you're hunting. Turkeys can actually see blaze orange

Not that it always works. We usually get at least one person shot by mistake on the first day of deer season up here. One guy got shot while he was lighting a cigarette, and he was wearing blaze orange. The guy who shot him said he "thought he saw a deer." Yeah....right...
      My dad got shot at several years ago...on our farm He was crouching near a clump of brush, when the bullet hit the ground a few inches from him Needless to say, he returned fire. Never found a corpse, but there was some blood on the ground. Whether that came from an animal or human, nobody knows. What pissed him off, is that he was completely covered in orange, and some asshole still shot at him. Also troubling, that most of the surrounding land was owned by the coal company...and was "posted" and off-limits to hunting.

I mean, "international orange" and "posted" signs are there for a reason! Too many idiots will shoot at anything that moves
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
        Sorry if I've just paid over $200(with tax), for a good quality warm jacket, I'm not going to just wear it for the two week hunting season, just so as "not to offend someone's delicate fashion sensibilities"
        clicked on the link.. its on sale for $107. a couple of bucks more and you can pair it with a neon green version
        “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
        ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
          If those jackets are popular around here, I don't want to get out more.

I haven't seen any such jacket around here....but then, it's still a bit warm in Phoenix.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
            And I detest anything camo . . . pink and camo do NOT belong in the same room, let alone the same sentence.
            Believe it or not, there is *real* pink camo. But it's not the stuff you usually see in stores.

Seems that there's a variety of "desert camo" that is largely pink. And *works* in many sorts of desert.

I've also seen a group of folks in pink camo (the silly kind) at a local SF convention. They claimed to be Martian Special Forces. :-)

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
              This Duck Dynasty, is it anything like...

DUCK DODGERS OF THE TWENTY FOURTH AND A HALF CENTURY!!!!!!!
              Yaaaay Looney Tunes! Complete with Eager Young Space Cadet

And as for the camo, for a while this stationery chain were selling these camo messenger bags. The messenger bags themselves are actually decent quality, but the camo combinations? Green/black/grey/white and Pink/purple/white. The latter....
              I was actually going to buy the former, but settled on my current one instead *snuggles it*.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I'd never even heard of Duck Dynasty until someone dragged me to the Mart of Wall last week. I don't have cable at home and don't normally shop there, and walking through the store I was like "WTF is this some sort of thing now?"
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I love Duck Dynasty.

I also happen to have a camo fleece by Under Armor. It's warm enough, I won't need a "real" winter jacket.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                  X