This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel special...I think...

Yesterday at work, I went in to cover a shift for a friend. He's currently with the choir in Europe, and no one wanted an early morning opening the day before Independence Weekend. I took it for him, and ended up spending the day folding T-shirts from a new Nike shipment that had come in. Oh dear GODS the t-shirts...I folded over 600 t-shirts in 4.5 hours. And that's after opening the boxes, counting, receiving, taking them out of the plastic they were in, unfolding them, refolding them, and applying proper size stickers.

Not too bad, I don't think. My CW was impressed anyways.

Now, I have a bit of a reputation as the store klutz. And as a bleeder. I don't quite know what it is, but the smallest wound and I bleed like I've cut an artery sometimes. Tends to freak everyone out, except for my textbook manager. (he's a former army medic, which I learned one day after a particularly bad cut wouldn't stop bleeding and I jokingly cried "Medic!" Next thing I know, TM is there asking me if I needed help with something! )

So, I'm opening this boxes, and of course, the inevitable happens. I paper cut a finger on a box edge.

It starts to bleed. I manage to curl that finger into my palm, and press the fingers of my other hand over it to keep from dripping everywhere, but in the process I am getting blood on both hands. I call my CW over to man the registers, and the look on her face when she sees my hand is one of utter shock. She knew, from stories, how much of a klutz I am, but I don't think she's ever believed the bit about me being a bleeder until she came over and saw the blood sort of pooling in my palm and dripping down my wrist.

Her: OMGWTF!! What HAPPENED!!?!?!?!
    Me: It's just a papercut...
    Her: All THAT from a papercut!?
    Me: Yeah. Um, hey, can you open the bathroom for me. Can't exactly work a key and lock right now, and then I need someone to stand at the till while I get cleaned up.
    Her: <still looking a bit shocked> Ok....

She does so, I go in, get cleaned up and start hunting for bandaids, and manage to run into one of my other managers, GM.

Me: Hey, GM. Where's the first aid kit? It's not under the counter where it usually is.
    GM: Oh, we moved them.
    Me: Them...? We only had one...
    GM: Well, yes, but we restocked recently, and decided to put smaller ones in all the areas you generally work. There should be a box of bandaids behind the registers. If not, check the textbook counter, or back in receiving.
    Me: Er...ok. Thanks...?

I looked, an indeed, there are now smaller first aid kits in all of my usual work areas. I'm flattered.

I think...

Awwwww, they care! They really care!

That's funny. I'd be flattered; it's a way of them saying that they want to look out for you. One of those little actions that often speaks louder than words.

Also, I am in awe of your T-shirt folding ways, and wish that I was as awesome as that.
    "Joi's CEO is about as sneaky and subtle as a two year old on crack driving an air craft carrier down Broadway." - Broomjockey

Comment

That is too cute

It does show that they care though and that you've become part of the culture at work
      First the Church of Lupo then there's the Lupo Sayings list (from another thread I think...) and now this.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
        I don't quite know what it is, but the smallest wound and I bleed like I've cut an artery sometimes.

How's your vitamin B12 levels?

Vitamin B12 is essential for platelet formation and without platelets you bleed more before you clot(platlets are your main clotting factor)

I have intermittent vitamin B12 anemia
        Last edited by BlaqueKatt; 07-08-2009, 11:58 PM.
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Vitamin C also.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
          X