This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need sleep!

I'm putting this in sickbay because it's somewhat medical. My doctor took me off my medication that helps me sleep as it can cause kidney stones and I had one. I have a medication that puts me to sleep, but it doesn't keep me there. I've been getting 5-6 hours of sleep for the last 20 days, I work best on 10. No, no naps. I'm exhausted, my mind feels slow, and I'm grumpy.

I'm definitely going to have words with my doctor when I see him again tomorrow. I don't know what he's going to want to prescribe, but he has to give me something. I can't go on like this! I'll wind up back in the hospital sooner or later if this keeps up. I give it another 2 weeks w/o intervention, max.

Do you know why 6 hours isn't enough for you? Depending on your age 10 hours seems like a lot of sleep to need, most adults need around 6, it may be worth talking to your doctor to see if something more could going on with you.

Comment

7-8 hours of sleep is ideal. 10 is a bit much.

Have you ever had a sleep study? No one should take medication for sleep long term.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

No I haven't had a sleep study, but I know I'm an active sleeper who occasionally snores and talks during sleep.

Comment

I was going to say Hypersomnia.. But that's generally when you don't have any problem going to sleep and you sleep for a long time. I have that sometimes.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
            No I haven't had a sleep study, but I know I'm an active sleeper who occasionally snores and talks during sleep.
            When you go to see your doctor about your sleeping pills, see what he thinks about your getting a sleep study.

They're expensive. If you don't have insurance, you may not want to bother. But ask your doctor about sleep apnea.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I second the sleep study. Used to be that I would sleep 9-10 hours a night and still be worn, even with liberal use of naps. Turned out I was getting literally only minutes of REM sleep. Now, with the CPAP, I am usually up and about after 7-8 hours of sleep, even without an alarm.

(I still nap on occasion, though. It's one of life's simple pleasures )

Comment

Working...
              X