This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not-Our-Website gives wrong hours

A pair of customers came in this morning to renew a Certificate of Deposit. They came in just after 10:00, and were pretty standoffish the whole time. While I was typing up the new CD, the guy asked a strange question.

SC: Are the hours on your door correct? You open at 9:00?
    Me: Yeah.
    SC: If I knew that, I would have been here at 9. Your website said 10-4.
    Me: <genuinely confused> Really? I'll have to look into that and get it corrected.
    SC: And it only listed two email addresses. One for <Main Branch> and one for Goodhair.
    Me: That doesn't sound right. While we're waiting for your documents to print, let me look at it. <pulls up Contact Us page & turns monitor to SC> Is this what you were looking at?
    SC: <squints> I forgot my glasses, but I'm sure it said 10-4. I searched for <old bank name>, but it definitely gave <Main Branch location>.
    Me: I'll look into it later, but your documents are done. Let's go over them.

At that point, he dropped it. They were kind of reserved and seemed cranky the rest of the time they were here, but we got through the rest of the transaction without issue.

Our website has a prominent Contact Us page, with each branch's hours. They are correct. At the bottom of the page, it lists a BUNCH of email addresses, though the only one at our branch is neither mine nor Goodhair's.

I did manage to find a site that listed our hours as 10-4, but it was one of those "review" sites. They had a link to our website, though, so I still don't feel like the SC has an excuse. I think he was just trying to find something to complain about.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Standard

This is your standard "Have to find something to complain about", who then try to act like they never raised the point when you prove them in the wrong.

I have it all the time. The World Will End according to them when they start their complaining, but they either quickly change to don't have the time to check facts if you go to a Google/Information page or if they forced to face the facts then somehow it was not that important after-all.

Strange, a person who needs glasses to read is there with paperwork that he by his own admission can not read.

Also I would have just hit "Control +" to make the text bigger and rub it in to his face.
    Last edited by earl colby pottinger; 09-28-2018, 04:49 PM.

Comment

We have three set of hours for things in my store. The store itself, the pharmacy and a clinic. The hours are listed on the door and on our website. If you just take a minute to look at them, it's not hard to figure out. The worst is on the weekends when our pharmacy closes at 9 (this is also listed on the door). People walk in head to the back corner and seconds later storm out cursing the fact that we have the wrong hours listed. Not my fault you just remembered at 10 pm on a Sunday that you need those life saving pills. Suck it up and come back tomorrow.
      I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

The "forgot my glasses" thing is one of my pet peeves. It just set me on edge when he said it. You're going to the bank to sign financial documents. Bring your reading glasses! Yeah, I'm going to read the important points to you, but you should be able to read it so you know what you're signing.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
          The "forgot my glasses" thing is one of my pet peeves. It just set me on edge when he said it. You're going to the bank to sign financial documents. Bring your reading glasses! Yeah, I'm going to read the important points to you, but you should be able to read it so you know what you're signing.
          What would make this funny is to go to the dollar store and get the tackiest pairs of reader glasses available so when they "forgot their glasses" you have something to offer. Just another service your bank can provide.

Comment

SCs will have a dumb excuse for anything. It might be "forgot my reading glasses" at the bank, but at the fabric store it was "I forgot to measure." Any chance to shift the problem to another person, and a SC will grasp at it. People were often angry at me if their phone couldn't connect to the FREE wifi at the store. They would want me to figure out their phone and make it connect so they could get their coupons. You know, that's not my job and I feel uncomfortable fiddling with a stranger's phone settings considering at that time my job was to sell crafting items not tech support...
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Never

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
              SCs will have a dumb excuse for anything. It might be "forgot my reading glasses" at the bank, but at the fabric store it was "I forgot to measure." Any chance to shift the problem to another person, and a SC will grasp at it. People were often angry at me if their phone couldn't connect to the FREE wifi at the store. They would want me to figure out their phone and make it connect so they could get their coupons. You know, that's not my job and I feel uncomfortable fiddling with a stranger's phone settings considering at that time my job was to sell crafting items not tech support...
              Never do that. From then on every single they have is your fault.

Plus, they spent the money to buy the phone, if you send $300-$1500 for a blasted phone learn how to you you OWN investment.

Like I always say, you belong to the human race, the leading living beings on this planet, act like you belong to the human race.

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                The "forgot my glasses" thing is one of my pet peeves. It just set me on edge when he said it. You're going to the bank to sign financial documents. Bring your reading glasses!
                People pull this shit ALL THE TIME at work. I always have a pair of reading glasses in one of the pockets of my work apron.

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                  I hear that all the time at the food stamp office. *what I really hear is "I don't want to bother to read this stuff, you do it for me."*

Like Monterey Jack, I always have a pair of thrift store readers in my pocket. Its amazing how many people manage to remember their glasses are in their purse/pocket/whatever when faced with the bent, dirty ones I pull out for them to use.

Or, I just point at the line where they need to sign. Nobody ever actually looks at what they are signing, they just sign because it means they are getting free stuff.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                    ... they just sign because it means they think they are getting free stuff.
                    And as FeceBork repeatedly demonstrates: "Yer Zucked!"
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                      Never do that. From then on every single they have is your fault.
                      Well I'm long gone from retail ( ) but I sometimes did turn on the wifi on customers phones. Nope, it was not a good idea. I tried never to actually hold the phone, I had previously seen one of my CWs drop a customer's phone. She was super lucky it didn't break and the customer was a college guy who just shrugged and wasn't mad. After a while, the wifi started making customers put in an email in order to get on. After that, obviously, I didn't help anymore. I told them what they needed to do, and if they got pissed about the email requirement I said I didn't have any control over it, and I agreed that it was dumb.

Also, I just noticed a discrepancy between the hours listed on google, and the real hours of a business. The hours seemed wrong, very early for the weekend, so I checked on their own site, problem solved. Took about... 45 seconds. Then again, I don't actively try to make my life harder than it needs to be, as opposed to SCs.
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I frequently try to help people connect to our photo kiosks. I try not to poke around too much but they expect me to do something to help. But there are some people out there that have no idea how to do anything on their phone. I had one elderly couple who never updated their phone so they were about 4 years behind everything. The manager nicely told them to go whatever store they got it from and update it.

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post

I get this on the healthcare side too (I'm also someone who can't go to the bathroom in the middle of the night without glasses, so I really don't understand people who leave them lying around). And it drives me bonkers. You're coming to the hospital/doctor's office. You're going to have to fill out paperwork and/or sign consent forms. Why don't you have your glasses?!

This past spring I went to a CEU meeting and one of the topics was barriers to our patients, and one actually brought up the glasses thing. Sometimes it's a cover for the fact the person is either illiterate or doesn't understand what they're reading but doesn't want to admit it.
                          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I think it's just vanity, because wearing glasses makes some people "feel old".

Comment

Oh, it's absolutely vanity, for some of them! My grandmother wouldn't even put on her dollar store glasses to balance her checkbook, if ANYBODY was home with her. With vision bad enough that she couldn't see to write, nor read her own handwriting...

For me, I got glasses at 15, so vision is way more important than vanity. I can go pee in the middle of the night without them, but they go on when I get up in the morning, and go off when the lights go out. All other times they are on my face.

Comment

Working...
                              X