This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To see an OB or not?

I had a full hysterectomy several years ago where they also removed my cervix. As far as I know a PAP smear is to check for cervical cancer. Is there any reason I should go to a OB regularly in my "condition"?

Short answer: maybe

It depends on why you had the hysterectomy.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pap-smear/AN00013

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
      I had a full hysterectomy several years ago where they also removed my cervix. As far as I know a PAP smear is to check for cervical cancer. Is there any reason I should go to a OB regularly in my "condition"?
      I'd go in or call and ask, as there are a few things that could happen(vaginal tumors etc.). I doubt it would be an every year, or every two years even, but if your clinic has a "nurse advice line" they may be able to let you know if it's necessary or not.
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I also had a full Hysterectomy, and I go in for a pap smear about every 2 to 3 years, so that the doctor can check for vaginal cancer or any other weird things.
        Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Ask your doctor or NP.

Thread closed.
            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
            X