Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done that. I'm not going to change the partition sizes right now, because I have to go soon, but later - ah, we shall see!

Comment

• the errors on the drive are what's first, otherwise you can't do the partition stuff! Let us know how it goes.
      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

• Oh, one other thing before I sign off - I had some idea that the number of gigabytes would show in the window, making it much easier to resize. Instead, it seems that the number is given in megabytes. Have pity on the mathematically-challenged; what number am I looking to use for the resized D drive?

Comment

• 200000. 1000mb = 1gb

Comment

• Well, it didn't work.

I stayed up late last night, then discovered that it was going to take about, oh, nine hours more, so I hit the sack, but had a hard time falling asleep, wondering what was going on. So I'm tired. I did manage to create more unallocated space, somehow. Oh, and the space that was already unallocated? I couldn't do a thing with it.

Later, when I'm more awake, I'll post the details, which I have saved.

Comment

• Okay, as I said before, I did create more unallocated space. The D drive is now smaller, but the C drive is no bigger. There's just a grey square where there was no grey square earlier. The text said something about saving the details in .htm, which I thought I had done, but the only thing I have is in .dat.

So. Any ideas on what went wrong, and do you think I can save it? Will (or should) I still be able to use my programs as before?

Comment

• Well, everyone, take a look at what was done inside of one minute:
                Last edited by Eireann; 07-21-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• ALLL RIGHT!!!!!! W00T W000T happy dance!!!!

Comment

• Yeah! After it took all night to reduce the size of the D drive, the space was reallocated to C in about 30 seconds!

You should have seen my face as I stared incredulously at the screen. I thought I was imagining things.

The computer is now hummin' right along, with the C and D a calm blue color.

Comment

• Well isn't that the shizzle. Glad you took the step into the Jedi mind set :P

Comment

• Yes, and I thank all of you, lavishly, for all your help and advice. I know it took a long, long time, but it's done now, as you can see.

Oh, and my programs still work.

Comment

• you are very welcome. i am holding ivory in my arms so i am typing funny. doing the stuff here it got my brain revved up and thinking again. THANK YOU for that!

Comment

• You're welcome! I'm glad that I was able to give something back, after all the help I've received.

Comment

Working...
                            X