This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mad Butcher of Gresham!

...or at least the Apprentice Meat Cutter...

Hey all! It's been a long time since I've been here. I escaped my hotel—night auditor for a decade. The place started falling apart after they fired my favorite boss, and I grew tired of apologizing for all the things the home office refused to fix despite having a record year and more incoming money than I've ever seen in that place. You know it's bad when it's a business decision to keep advertising a public jacuzzi that's been down for over a year!

Anyway, I took a big pay cut and started over at Safeway. I've been barely paying my bills for the last seven months and pumping gas (which is a whole different beast in Oregon where there's no self-service!)

Now, I'm about to make a transition: after the 4th of July, I'm moving to a different store to become a meat cutter! Eventually, I should make more than I did at the hotel.

Oh yeah, and the band is doing well. Heh heh.
    www.hyborian-rage.com
    Whooooo!
    "They say that ignorance is bliss. But making fun of ignorant people is also pretty blissful." --Steve of collegehumor.com

Congratulations. I hope this job works out better.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Thanks! It'll be a brutal 20-mile commute until my lady and I can find an apartment or house in the area—she's also working on that side of town, except maybe 90 blocks away.
      "They say that ignorance is bliss. But making fun of ignorant people is also pretty blissful." --Steve of collegehumor.com

Comment

Good to have you back my friend!
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Great to see you too, MadMike! It's been a long time!

Comment

Working...
          X