This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My corset must be too tight....

I'm experiencing vertigo. (Maybe I should avoid bell-towers in SF?) I seem to have picked up something that is messing with my sense of balance--something having to do with my ears, as it is fairly positional. I went to an urgent care clinic, got checked, and most of the more worrisome possibilities (e.g., stroke, something obstructing my ears so flying tomorrow would be agony) were dismissed.

So I got a shot of steroids in my butt (maybe the NP just likes super-white overweight grey-haired 50-year-old men?) and a prescription for amoxocillin and one for prednisone. I'm leery of driving, so I'm not doing that. I'm also feeling run down, so I'm not walking around the way Da Boss and I have been for the rest of the trip.

Not exactly the way I'd like to end my vacation, but oh well.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

I've gotten actual, diagnosed and treated, vertigo 3-4 times in my life. Treated with antibiotics, although the last episode was long ago that I have NO idea what they used for it. Extremely unpleasant to experience. I recall nearly falling out of my office chair when I moved my head either too fast, too far, or some damned thing.

An injection in the ass cheek was never part of my treatment.... TG!

Comment

Had a lovely allergic reaction to the prednisone. Got red and itchy over much of my skin, particularly anything that had gotten sun exposure the previous day. That's a first; I've never reacted to it when I've had it before. Stopped taking it immediately, of course.

The vertigo is clearing but not gone.

.... What's next, the vapours? Hmm, don't mind if I do!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR4XNqrqxrU
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.

Comment

I had a bout of vertigo once, years ago. Went to the ER when I kept getting all wobbly every time I moved. The eventual diagnosis (after an MRI or CAT scan- don't remember which it was) was that I must have had some viral infection that got into the bits inside your ear that help maintain balance. I got prescribed some stuff to counter the vertigo and told to come back if it persisted.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Google BPPV. I've had that twice. The first time, I thought I'd had a stroke, and it was terrifying. My ENT doc had the audiologist do something that helped, but insurance stopped covering that treatment. Fortunately I haven't had it since.
          Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo

Comment

I had a charming thing many years ago called vestibular neuronitis. A little bit like vertigo, but not quite the same - basically, your brain thinks you are standing at a 45-degree lean, while your eyes disagree. They fight it out, and the only way to get over it is long periods of lying down in a darkened room.
            "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Well, it's basically gone now. Thankfully it wasn't as bad as some of you have had.

Comment

Working...
              X