This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's not how you're /supposed/ to answer the phone

So our phones are set up in a way that when someone calls the store you have to pick up the phone and press the line button to answer, otherwise you'll only be talking to yourself.

So one of my CW is a Brit. He had that accent that everyone first hears in their head as soon as someone says "British accent". He also has a sense of humour.

Feel free to read this in an accent.

So we get a call to front desk and CW picks up the phone and in the most cheerful voice ever declares "[name] speaking. You've reached House of Pain, how may we serve you today." Of course we hadn't realized that he had deliberately not pressed the line button yet to connect to the customer and for a moment there me and another CW did a double take and a 'did you seriously just say that over the phone?!' moment as he is well known for doing anything to avoid the phone (and I honestly wouldn't put it past him if the right person called. We have call display after all). Then he turns to us, grins, and informs us that he was "just checking that we were still paying attention". Still in that ridiculously cheerful voice and the accent just somehow made things more funny.
    Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Is he single?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      Is he single?
      Yep, although sadly he plays for the home team so to speak. *sigh* why are all the good ones taken or prefer their own gender? But there is a rather wonderful specimen of man who works in another dept. (sadly I can't eye ogle him all day because of that). He's even old enough that I wouldn't feel like a cradle robber (and young enough not to feel like a grave robber either). Did I mention he's Italian? With a wonderful sense of humour. I also heard him mention that he could tie a cherry stem with his tongue whilst conveniently strolling by his dept.
      Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
        Yep, although sadly he plays for the home team so to speak. *sigh* why are all the good ones taken or prefer their own gender? But there is a rather wonderful specimen of man who works in another dept. (sadly I can't eye ogle him all day because of that). He's even old enough that I wouldn't feel like a cradle robber (and young enough not to feel like a grave robber either). Did I mention he's Italian? With a wonderful sense of humour. I also heard him mention that he could tie a cherry stem with his tongue whilst conveniently strolling by his dept.
        Can I have his number?
        Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Working...
        X