Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US States and what they remind you of...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Jersey-pizza, tomatoes (it is the Garden State!) and beaches
    Indiana-basketball and corn
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Missouri: Beef, barbecue, and the halfway point of the country.
      Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Virginia: Dogwood (state flower) or cardinal (state bird), or Thomas Jefferson (patron saint )

Kansas: wheat

Comment

Everywhere in the USA - guns & rednecks! *runs off, giggling*

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
            Pennsylvania - Hills/mountains, US Civil War, Amish
            Let's see now... Steel, iron, coal, glass, bricks, Liberty Bell, Big Mac...
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              Other then glass, I can go with that.. Even with my Grandfather and dad working in the old OI plant in Clarion, I never thought of Penn as a big glass producer, but then.. I grew up and live in the 'Glass City' and last I checked, it wasn't in PA....
              Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Missouri: The Arch, Cattle and BBQ, Lewis and Clark and the start of the Oregon Trail, the Ozarks, the Mississippi River.
                "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                  I never thought of Penn as a big glass producer, but then.. I grew up and live in the 'Glass City' and last I checked, it wasn't in PA....
                  PPG (Pittsburgh Plate Glass) has their headquarters here. They, among others, had several facilities here. Some are still around, but most closed years ago.
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

North Dakota: bison and prairie dogs.

My sis lived there for about 7 years. Wasn't much else around.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                      Iron,coal,chromium,steel....
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Texas- bluebonnets, stockyards, Six Flags
                        Alaska-mountains, glaciers, moose, bears, salmon, snow
                        Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Vermont - maple syrup/ maple trees
                          New Hampshire - used to be old man in the mountain, white mountain national forest, mount washington

Comment

Working...
                          X