This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer offended by holiday hours

I was getting breakfast at the sit-down counter of a local market, when a different customer went off on the cashier.

Offended Dude: Excuse me! Is this correct? IS THIS CORRECT?!? *speaking to the cashier and jabbing at a piece of paper on the counter*

Cashier: Oh, yes, those are our Easter hours. We're open from 9:00 to 1:00 and there will be some prepared lunch baskets for take out, if you want one.

Offended Dude: This is ridiculous. I am a Christian! The fact that you will be open offends me!

Cashier: Uh..alright.

Offended Dude: Well? Aren't you going to promise to close?

Cashier: What? No. I can't make that decision. The manager already did. I won't even be here, he's working by himself on Sunday.

Offended Dude: That is ridiculous! You are offending me and my religion. Where's the manager? I want to know what kind of Christian works on EASTER!

Manager: *coming up from behind Offended Dude* Actually, sir, I'm Hindu, so I don't celebrate Easter. But we'll be open for all your shopping needs on Sunday.

Offended Dude whips around, staring at the Indian manager. He slowly spins around to look at the cashier, and then storms out the door without saying another word.

Cashier: Wow. He was crazy.

Manager: *speaking to me* I wish to apologize that you were subjected to that. Did his yelling upset you at all?

Me: Only because the dude is clearly an idiot.

Manager: Again, my apologies, sir. <Cashier>, pull up the charge account for the man who just left. I'm sending him a final invoice and trespassing him because he upset this poor gentleman who was just trying to have his breakfast in peace. We cannot keep getting customer complaints like the one I just now heard with my own ears. If you see him in here again, just call the police and have him removed.

The owner of the market, for whom I used to work, is the kowtow to customer's ridiculous requests type. This manager is new to the store, but I think I like this guy - he clearly knows how to massage the story to keep the owner happy while being effective. I'll have to make sure to send more business their way.

Yay for that manager!
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Efficient triage. Lose the single idiot, not the others that he drives away with his load of (ripe) manure.

Comment

I'm tired of dealing with the 'professionally offended'. Just sayin'.

Comment

Did that idiot just arrive from 1950 or something? Stores and restaurants have been open on Sundays for YEARS, including holidays. I bet when HE decides he wants something, he gets mad if the store isn't open. What a jerk.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Tell him ALL your friends think he's a great manager and many of us are just sorry we're not in the neighbourhood, because otherwise he'd suddenly get a flood of new customers.

I'm actually a bit amazed that he didn't say a word when the manager identified himself as a Hindu who (not surprisingly) doesn't celebrate Easter. I'd have thought that would really send him off the deep end.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post

I'm actually a bit amazed that he didn't say a word when the manager identified himself as a Hindu who (not surprisingly) doesn't celebrate Easter. I'd have thought that would really send him off the deep end.
              I was thinking the same thing.
              AkaiKitsune
              Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Wow so just because this guy is Christian he expects everything to be closed on Easter? And just forget about every other religion out there who don't celebrate Easter?
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Umm... Was it wrong that I mentally added an accent when the manager was speaking?

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                    Umm... Was it wrong that I mentally added an accent when the manager was speaking?
                    Possibly. If you had a real Indian accent, not-so-bad. If you had the Simpson's Apu accent... yeah, there'll be someone along to thwap you in the nose with a flimsy cardboard tube shortly.

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                      Wow so just because this guy is Christian he expects everything to be closed on Easter? And just forget about every other religion out there who don't celebrate Easter?
                      I've seen mirror-image situations, with non-Christians angry over stores choosing to modify hours or close on Christian holidays. Supposedly, this is forcing the store owner's beliefs on others.
                      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Seanette --Perhaps so, but a store is private property, and customers who object are not being forced to shop there
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Wait till he finds out some businesses are open on CHRISTMAS

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            Seanette --Perhaps so, but a store is private property, and customers who object are not being forced to shop there
                            True. Just saying, the "my way is the way it needs to be for EVERYONE" isn't limited to one side of any given difference.
                            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
                              ...there'll be someone along to thwap you in the nose with a flimsy cardboard tube shortly.
                              A thwapping! A thwapping! There's going to be a thwapping tonight!!
                              “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                              One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                              The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                              X