Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodbye Big Green Cab Co? (long and wordy)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Deserted View Post
    ... Although I suppose I could walk through the car wash...
    Hey guys, Desrted in the car wash. Quick! Put the rollers on super-buff!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

'nother UPDATE

Tomorrow is 6 weeks since my last day at Big Green Cab Co. I'm still driving a Yeller Cab, and (somewhat obviously) not dispatching.

I've decided that unless something radical happens, I'm not going to dispatch. I'm very unimpressed with many of the internals of this company. (But at lease they're up front with their BS, unlike Big Green.)

I'll stick with this for a while, unless something better comes up. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but cab driving is the only job I've ever had that I truly enjoy... although the last few years at Big Green Cab Co have kind of worn that a bit.

In the meantime, I'm still trying to recover from that last week at Big Green, when I made essentially zero dollars. Sigh. At least that's a short-term problem.
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Am I the only one who gets "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" as an earworm as a result of this thread's title?
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
          Am I the only one who gets "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" as an earworm as a result of this thread's title?
          Not until I read your post. Now it's playing on repeat in my head!

Comment

Quoth VComps View Post
            Not until I read your post. Now it's playing on repeat in my head!
            Sorry, forgot how contagious earworms are.
            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Sure, sure. "Forgot".
              Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                Sorry, forgot how contagious earworms are.
                Don't remind me. I found a youtube clip of a stream by a Let's Play channel I watch occasionally, where one of the streamer's buddies had opted to play a song he made. It was the end credits music from "Muppets Party Cruise" set to the tune of "The Real Slim Shady." That song is now stuck in my head and I don't even like Eminem!

Comment

I've found that some earworms can be displaced. By stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmGFCWuLgTs
                  “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                  One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                  The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

AIUI, this is how to ditch an earworm: Find a recording of the song or jingle, and listen to it all the way through. Basically, your brain is trying to "fetch" the full song from the "memorable" part, and once you've gone through the whole thing it will let go of that.

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                      Basically, your brain is trying to "fetch" the full song from the "memorable" part, and once you've gone through the whole thing it will let go of that.
                      I think you are right, although I have to listen to the earworm all the way through more than once. Sometimes 9 or 10 times.

Then that earworm is replaced by another.

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
                        I think you are right, although I have to listen to the earworm all the way through more than once. Sometimes 9 or 10 times.
                        Hmm. Maybe if you read the lyrics too?

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                          Hmm. Maybe if you read the lyrics too?
                          Yes I have done that as well. Sometimes the lyrics are underwhelming. E.G. I watched a TV show about music in the 70s and 80s and the Culture Club song "It's a Miracle" got stuck from a very small clip of that song.

I read the lyrics and all the way through I thought "What does this mean?" It's like 20 lines of non sequitur and 20 lines of repeats. Anyway I got it out of my head. I remember liking it at the time but that's 34 years ago and I've grown up since then.

Comment

For absolute "WTF?" music you should see the lyrics to anything by the band Fair to Midland. Their biggest only hit, "Dance of the Manatee", is a prime example:
                            Take a little dive into the shallow or spy what do you see
                            I see the tortoise and the hare in a rat-race
                            And it fits like a glove under my sleeve
                            Just wait till then

Comment

Kate Bush lyrics are pretty random, though they do at least have emotional tone.

I wonder why people keep picking on Bohemian Rhapsody though -- that's practically a straight story (admittedly by a slightly crazed person), with a bit of delirium at a plausible spot!

Comment

OK for really strange, meaningless lyrics Pocket Calculator by Kraftwerk.

Comment

Working...
                                X