This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back, but I'm not sure if I should be

I don't remember if I posted about it here or not, but in late January, I was fired. I've already written a comprehensive article about the BS that occurred, how it wasn't my fault, etc., but the most problematic part is I'm STILL looking for a job. I really like this site, but now I'm not sure what I can contribute as I don't really deal with customers now.

I'm hoping that will change soon and I will definitely be visiting more often.
    You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

DUDE! Where ya been!!

Look, there is a HUGE chunk of people here who do NOT work in retail anymore, or deal with customers, (Including Raps if I remembered right) This doesn't stop anyone from posting or writing. We're a group of love and caring, for people to give a shoulder to when we've dealt with horrid times, and people to laugh with when good times. Don't be afraid to post or visit just cause you don't have a job with customers.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

If all goes well, I'll never deal with customers again; I'm applying for IT and programming positions. I have applied for some higher level tech support, but strangely they have pre-reqs for some of these positions that are either out of my league or just don't make sense...even though I was making more than their starting salaries. I don't get it. Even still, I'll see what I can do as far as contributing here.

Also...who do I contact as far as re-opening threads?

Comment

Mods or Raps would be best. Or just start a new one.
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth gunsage View Post
          Also...who do I contact as far as re-opening threads?
          PM a moderator or admin with a link to the thread you want re-opened and why you want us to re-open it. I can't promise that it will be re-opened, but it will be given due consideration.

Alternately, you can start a new thread and include a link to the old thread it you'd like.
          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I'm in wholesale these days, not retail, but this is a community. We don't cast people out because they don't work in certain positions. You'll have old tales, sightings, and general advice to receive or give.

Get in there, the words are lovely

Rapscallion

Comment

Thanks, Raps. I'm just hoping I can get back to work soon so I can get out of this funk and back into that funk.

Comment

IT and programing, I'm sure you will have tales to tell.

Good luck and prayers that this turns out to be a dream job for you when you get it.
                Meeeeoooow.....
                Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

I've been out of retail myself for over 20 years now. I still find things to post about, although they're usually either old stories or sightings now.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

We have several members who have been out of retail for some time now, but they still have things to contribute nonetheless.

So don't be shy . . . jump in and share anyways.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Hey, man, I was wondering what happened to you. Glad you are back.

You know I got canned from that place, too. Screw 'em. I don't even work outside the house anymore and yet here I am.

Good luck with the job search!

Comment

I actually wrote about it, just so I could get it off my chest. Be warned...very, very long and ranty. Also, I pull no punches.

http://www.morphinenation.com/?p=6025

If you work there, it's NSFW, otherwise, have fun.

Comment

Quoth gunsage View Post
                          Thanks, Raps. I'm just hoping I can get back to work soon so I can get out of this funk and back into that funk.
                          I've had about twelve jobs since leaving high school and I've been a member of CS.com twice. I always swing back here between jobs to keep up with the regulars, see the new guys and to improve my bladder function by reading Gravekeeper's posts.

And as someone who has fallen flat on his ass and gotten back up again, I can promise you that you will get out of that funk if you keep at it.

Good luck and don't be a stranger.

Comment

I really hope so. It's been almost 8 months unemployed now and while the amount I'm getting for unemp is rather good, I'm starting to feel worthless. Seriously, I've only had a few interviews and about 5 phone interviews. I'm really mad because this one company interviewed me 3 TIMES. Yeah, I was pick 4...out of 3. Totally sucks...I really wanted that job.

Comment

Working...
                            X