Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're slightly in front of me in the lane over and want to move into my lane, indicate and I will let you over. If you're behind me, forget it.

If you tailgate me, be warned that I can, and will, go from 80kph to a dead stop without touching the brakes. That's one advantage of a manual vehicle with a constant high range 4 wheel drive. Lots and lots of engine braking and gears aplenty. So if you think you can sit up my arse like that, maybe you might rethink it the first time you nearly hit me from behind. Oh, you've dropped back now? Good for you!

Hey lane chopper. I'm already here. <waves> Yup, in the big red 4x4 with the lights on. I know, nearly invisible as I am, how difficult it must be to see me... is that why, when you cut me off, you braked hard when you got in front of me? Poor diddums, it must have given you quite the shock seeing me suddenly appear right behind you like that.

WAKE UP!!!! Nodding off at the lights annoys those behind you.

Indicators are not an optional extra. Use 'em.

If you sit in the fast lane at less than the speed limit, I will pass you in the slow lane. I do not like mobile chicanes, but if you act like one I will treat you as one. And if you can't drive at the speed limit on single-lane each way roads, why do you suddenly turn into Ayrton Senna when you get to the overtaking lane?

If I was Queen of the World I would have automatic clearing intersections, so idjits that queue through them get automatically sucked down to the bowels of Hell. It is illegal but that doesn't seem to stop them, maybe a hot trident up the clacker might remind them.

At night, dip your lights. Or I will give you some of mine, complete with melt-tarmac-at-2000m grade spotlights.

(why yes, I'm ragey. This is my normal, everyday commute.)

Comment

Quoth LesserSouthernFroglet View Post
      And if you can't drive at the speed limit on single-lane each way roads, why do you suddenly turn into Ayrton Senna when you get to the overtaking lane?
      Many years ago, on my way to a friend's wedding up north, was on such a road with an 80 km/h limit. Idiot was doing 50 km/h, but when there was a dotted line (so legal to pass) AND no oncoming traffic, he'd suddenly find his accelerator. When I finally got a chance to pass him, I floored it. As I was pulling back onto my side of the road (foot off the gas, so I was already slowing down), I glanced at the speedometer - 120 km/h.

For those not using metric, those speeds are approximately 50 MPH, 30 MPH, and 75 MPH
      Last edited by wolfie; 05-27-2016, 06:06 AM. Reason: Added translation for yanks
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Indicators are not optional. Thank you to the four (FOUR?!?) cars who consecutively turned off of the roundabout without signalling, so I was stuck there like a lemon because I thought you were going straight over
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
          Indicators are not optional. Thank you to the four (FOUR?!?) cars who consecutively turned off of the roundabout without signalling, so I was stuck there like a lemon because I thought you were going straight over
          This, this, this. There's a right turn on my commute (think left turn, US driving fans) where I'm emerging from a side road and there's a slip for those turning left to enter the road I'm on. The number of people who don't indicate, and don't even move into the slip road until the last second... It's a busy cut-through as well, so there's usually a plentiful queue of people behind eager to lay on the horn when you haven't gone, regardless that you can't have known it was safe until the last second!
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Just thought of two more everyday stupids. I live in the USA FYI.

You have four lanes and two options. There is no straight only two left turn lanes and two right turn lanes. I am always in the outside right so my option is the middle or far lane. You my dum dum are in the inside right that means you turn into the lane farthest right. Now if you want to turn left into the base at the next light why then do you get in the inside right lane and cut across 3 lanes to get there?

At this intersection there are three left turn lanes. I take the inside left cuz I have to turn left three lights later. Also the other two lead to free way entrances and are crowded. Home is only five minutes away in this lane. You are in front of me dear dum dum having decided on this lane as well. If you wanted to be in the other lanes then you should already be in them. At this point you are committed to the inside left lane. For the love of ceiling cat FINISH YOUR TURN oh and KEEP MOVING because the rest of us want to turn too. To repeat changing your mind before the turn is complete or just after you clear the intersection is not acceptable. I don't know what goes on in your head though I tend to imagine the one lone marble you do have bouncing around your cranium.

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
              Time for one of my biggest driving peeves: Learn the order of operations at a 4-way stop! The person going straight goes first, then the person going the opposite direction turns left behind them. It's faster and safer than having the person turning left go first. Practically everyone around here does this wrong, and then looks irritated at me when I wait for them to go straight before I turn left behind them.
              Slightly confused about this... You're talking about when two cars get to the stop at the same time, yes? Then the person turning left yields. Otherwise, whoever got there first goes first.

Today's road rage: Hey group of people standing in the street! Yes, this is a street. Granted, a residential street, but still one that cars use. Your kids were smart and ran over to the driveway. You adults all glanced at me, then kept chatting, then slowly walked to different sides of the street, so you were crowding me from both sides. Wtf? It's not like there aren't sidewalks and driveways you could have been standing in.

Oh. I see. You are probably the idiots who are building that monstrosity of a house. Picture a cute old neighborhood with small one story houses, not more than 1200 sq each. Now picture a 2.5 story McMansion towering over all the cute houses. It takes up the entire lot (no yard), and has a full two story entryway arch. I would move if I lived next door to that ridiculousness.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                Now picture a 2.5 story McMansion towering over all the cute houses. It takes up the entire lot (no yard), and has a full two story entryway arch.
                I hate these. And no one bothers to accept the fact that these DO change the drainage situation and can easily flood the neighbors out...

Comment

For the love of all that is holy, please stop staring! Yes, it's akward that the bus seats face each other, but I'm sure you can find something to bring with you and read if you're that bored.
                  And to those of you who recognize me as a fellow bus rider: who cares? You don't need to stare at me off the bus, either. Too many bored people in this town.
                  Last edited by Food Lady; 06-01-2016, 02:01 PM.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

For the love of all that's holy! What on earth possessed you to cut me off doing 30 under the speed limit? I was approaching to pass you, no one was behind me and I'm sure you were pissing the guy off behind you that I was beside! The roads were clear, the rain had finally stopped and there was no frigging need to be driving that slow in the first place! Not to mention you got out in front of me and stayed there for 5km's before you finally turned left at a side road!

Comment

Yes, I know we're standing at the same bus stop. But making a point to stand a foot and a half from me and interrupt my phonecall is not appreciated.

Comment

Dude, I realize that we are going 5 mph below the limit, but the big bight yellow school bus in front of me is dictating my speed at moment since I can't drive *through*it!. So back off the frak off, as I would really appreciate not having a prostate exam done by a Ford F150.
                        Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

For the love of all that is small and fluffy, GET IN THE RIGHT DAMN LANE! I'm fed up with having to dodge you ignorant s who think that left turns can/should be made from the right-hand lane and vice versa. One of you took it a step further and managed to get into a lane that was filtered with a raised kerb between us, and you just swung around it & straight into my path! You're damn lucky I keep my car (and brakes) well maintained.
                          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

All these "for the love of...." posts are amusing me.

Comment

For the love of kittens! Its Friday. Its HOT in Phoenix. Everyone is driving north to escape the heat for the weekend. This freeway only has 2 lanes going north. Stop shoving your car into the other lane just because it seems to be going faster. Its not. You are the reason that traffic is moving like a rubber band. (fast one minute, then slow the next) You won't get there any faster, all you are doing is annoying the person you cut off 3 times in 20 minutes.

Comment

The offramp from 410 to Derry has 3 lanes. Left lane is left turn only, right lane is right turn only, and middle lane is turn either way. I was in the middle lane to make a right turn because my truck makes wide turns. You were in the right lane - but your truck does NOT make wide enough turns to need to be in the right lane to make a LEFT turn. You're supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL driver.
                                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X