This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freud would have a field day.

Just before we close we are supposed to get on the PA system and announce that we'll be closed soon. It usually goes something like "attention customers. We will be closing in 5 minutes. Please bring your items up to the check out." Unfortunately I had a brain fart and instead of the usual I ended up saying "...blah blah blah... Please bring your items up so we can check you out." When my coworker starting giggling (yes yes check you out... Real funny) I accidentally said "not what I meant!" Very loudly... I hadn't put the phone down yet... And the PA system picked up both my coworker's laughter and my reply.

Every single person who came up felt the need to snicker or outright comment. I even had one young adult ask if "he met my expectations"... It didn't help that he was quite good looking....

I have refused to do the announcements since.

My coworker was useless. She was too busy laughing in the cash office. I could hear her...
    Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

You'll get more than fifteen minutes of fame out of this...

More like your entire working life and beyond...

Like my mom, who introduced a visitor to Relief Society as, "Pister Sedersen." ... over 60 years ago. She's dead but her foop wow lingers on.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

On the bright side, I'll bet your little "OOPSIE" brought people running to the checkout lanes so they could comment/giggle over it ... you might've managed to clear the store a lot faster than what might otherwise have happened.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

On the downside I'll never live it down
        Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          Like my mom, who introduced a visitor to Relief Society as, "Pister Sedersen." ... over 60 years ago. She's dead but her foop wow lingers on.
          That is called a "Spoonerism."
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

We all do it. Last night when I was dishing up dinner I said to Turtleguy, "Will you hand me the refrigerator?" His response was, "Can't we leave it where it is?" What I meant was for him to hand me something that was in the refrigerator, but that's not what came out.

Comment

We do it at our animal clinic too, of course, and SOME of the things that come out are truly odd. Made even funnier by us all still, 99% of the time, know just what was meant to be said, and responded to that. We've made each other laugh to tears upon occasion.

Comment

Working...
              X