This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Frustrated!

I work in a call center for a bank, and have been finding it more and more frustrating as I near my 5th year anniversary with them.

I take calls that mostly concern account lockouts, and the bank does not give the customers any option to reset their own passwords, and no way to select an alternate security question. On top of that, if a customer cannot verify over the phone, for whatever reason, they are sent to a branch, no exceptions allowed. The branch reps are not allowed access to the systems that unlock accounts, so they have to call in to us, and our hold time is easily 30+ minutes long. I would get that if the reason they don't have access is that they're not trained, but get this: if someone from the call center moves to a branch, they lose the systems they were trained in, and could've helped them to help the customers in a timely manner.

Second issue is with wires and ACH. The customer will log in, try to send an ach or wire, and immediately get locked out for "extra verification" reasons, so they have to call in and get unlocked, no other alternative. I've mentioned using Lexus Nexus instead, but nobody listens. So I'm stuck with trying to explain why the bank does this. I can't even give them a reliable answer on how often it might happen.

Thirdly is the "search engine" itself. The best way I can describe this horrible thing is like this. Imagine that you have to search for something specific, like the square root of an isosceles triangle, so you type that in to your search engine. Bear in mind that you need an answer within a minute. The system spews results about shapes and colors, and root vegetables; absolutely nothing related to what you asked. Then it tells you that if your results didn't match what you were looking for, try being more general. So you type in square root triangle, and you get the same results, and finally have to search for someone, who may or may not be in the same call center (or state), who might, maybe, have an answer, which you can't prove is correct or not. That's how terrible this search engine is. Whenever I, or anyone else says anything about it, we get told that it works fine, that the people who developed it can use it just fine, and it not be changed.

Needless to say, these reasons and countless others are causing me to seriously search for something else, but I have Zenker's palsy from an accident, and that hinders me somewhat in the job market.

The search engine thing--you just described one of my resources!! I have to have just the right search phrase or it turns up results that don't help. So I end up having to get a team lead to help me.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

In my experience, most search engines are like that. Trying to search, for example, internal wiki pages at my last couple of employers has been an exercise in try-restate-try-add quotes-try-remove quotes-try-reword-try....
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
        In my experience, most search engines are like that. Trying to search, for example, internal wiki pages at my last couple of employers has been an exercise in try-restate-try-add quotes-try-remove quotes-try-reword-try....
        And every person that updates it has a different idea what keyword or tag it should fall under, based on what they would use to search for it...no matter how illogical their thought processes...

Comment

Working...
        X