This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Jayme Biendl

Officer Jayme Biendl is laid to rest today. She died in the line of duty on January 29, 2011. She was strangled by an inmate.
    "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

R.I.P. Officer Biendl....
    Meow.........

Comment

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/30/gu...-state-prison/

Here's a link for those who were as confused as I was.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Damn...

My best wishes go out to her family and friends.

I hope she rests in peace.
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

FYI - The mods have received the reports that this might be better suited for the "Check It Out" forum, but we've decided to leave it here.

But many thanks to all of you who are so diligent about housekeeping around here.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I hate when this happens. Thank you for sharing this, when we get hurt/killed in the line of duty, it doesn't always get much notice. People forget that we're law enforcement too. And that we don't get guns, and in many facilities like mine, we don't even get batons. I get a can of mace OR a set of cuffs, depends on which one the officer I am relieving was carrying. Because, you know, we wouldn't want to hurt these poor, defenseless inmates who can sue the state.

I can't really criticize the prison for having her be the only officer in the chapel. No matter how many officers there are in any given post, there are just times when you find yourself alone with them and that's how it is. You remind yourself of the risk, you keep your guard up, but if someone wants to get you, they'll find a way to do it even if there are 10 other officers around you. I'm not saying she was careless, he was hiding and caught her by surprise. That's how they usually get us. There's another story I just found, and she went down fighting this asshole. So from one officer to another, Officer Biendl, you will be missed. You did your duty even at the cost of your own life, and for that, we thank you and honor your memory. Rest in peace.
            "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post
              People forget that we're law enforcement too. And that we don't get guns, and in many facilities like mine, we don't even get batons.
              I think your field is the most dangerous one in law enforcement. I have a lot of respect for corrections officers.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
              X